To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

"Limited User Account" support

Is it possible that BC saves the torrent files under the "Application Data" folder instead of saving it into "Torrents" folder under its installation folder? It is because users do not always have write access to Program Files when they are not Administrators of the local computer. It would be good it BC supports saving data into Application Data.

Thank you.

In the preferences you can set the default download directory to anything you like. It won't change the location of current torrents, but everything you download in the future will go to that new directory.

In the preferences you can set the default download directory to anything you like. It won't change the location of current torrents, but everything you download in the future will go to that new directory.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I know I can change the download directory for my downloads, however it BC saves a copy of the .torrent file under its installation directory. You may want to take a look at C:\Program Files\BitComet\Torrents.

My problem is that users do not always have write access to this directory, rather than the downloaded file itself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since you installed BitComet in this PC, that means you have write access.Furthermore,if you change download directory,you can see the file in the save location.Why you want to have a look of the copy ?

I think you should first study more about LUA on Windows XP before making any assumptions and asking these questions. It shows that you are lacking a lot of administrative knowledge and experiences on Windows XP.

A great guide to non-admin is something like this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...n/luawinxp.mspx

Some simple words:

1. Modifying anything AFTER INSTALLATION in Program Files is NOT RECOMMENDED.

2. User Data and settings should be saved in User Profiles, such as C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data. Downloaded files should be saved there as well, or under "My Documents" for each user. Shared Data should be saved under "All Users' profile.

And I would like to tell you guys, Windows Vista will be more strict with LUA because of UAC. You MUST be compliant with LUA approach. It is just a matter of time.

By the way, I am going to uTorrent, which is just 100% compliant with LUA.

Good Bye, and Good Luck.

• 2 months later...