To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download @ 95.5% for 24hrs + (0kb/sec)

I was downloading a file with BitComet because I missed it it on TV. It was going real fast until it hit 95.5% ( I was getting 200kb + a second). When it hit 95.5% the speed dropped to 0kb/second. There are many other people also on 95.5% and it says I was seeding from 4 people (6 at another stage etc) but my download is 0kb??? I've portforwarded and checked it on a site which says it can see thru those ports. Windows firewall is off and so is my virus scanner. It just stopped downloading all of a sudden. You can see below from the 2 screenshots. Anyhelp would be much appreciated I'd really like to watch the episode I missed before it's on again.

post-1849-1151917856.gif

post-1849-1151917873.gif

I was downloading a file with BitComet because I missed it it on TV. It was going real fast until it hit 95.5% ( I was getting 200kb + a second). When it hit 95.5% the speed dropped to 0kb/second. There are many other people also on 95.5% and it says I was seeding from 4 people (6 at another stage etc) but my download is 0kb???

Hmm... This situation is described in this section of Azureus' Wiki. Though I wouldn't say it's 100% = your case... You see, there are some strange things in your screenshots. You seem to be connected to 6 peers, though I can see only 4 you've highlited. They have very close IPs and the same listening port - 6881 which is known to be blocked by ISPs. Close IPs can mean that it's actually one peer with dynamic IP (like myself) that has launched several BitTorrent clients assigning one 6881 port to each of them (a very bad idea since only one of clients (if at all) can use it; if it was made intentionally, that makes things even worse). Chances are that seed couldn't give out all 100% of file (he/she gave just 95.5%) before problems have occured - in this case just wait for seed to give out 100% (you may severely limit uploading of this suspicious torrent until then); keep in mind that video files can be played while incomplete - stop task, remove .bc! extension from file and try opening this in any video player or use "Preview video file..." option in BitComet.

And good luck to you next time.

It looks like there are a lot of peers and very few seeds. All of you who have 95.5% have probably downloaded all it could be done from one another and now you're waitng for those 4 seeds to download the rest :). If they have set the limit taks per torrent you are in the queue. So, probably waiting is only one thing you can do.

Another option is to try find different torrents with the same file and try to load them to BitComet. If BitComet says the torrent is already loaded click ok and then if new torrent has new trackers you will have more trackers afterwards. New trackers means new seeds, which you need now. It is not guaranty but it's worth doing that. I have done it once and it worked.

Thanks for the reply's...seems abit odd that there were 6 seeders connected and I managed to download nothing from them...(it also showed them as uploading 0kb). Bit disappointing having downloaded for so long and I've added all the possible trackers I can find. I'll probably try somewhere else and give your 'view incomplete video file' idea a try. Thanks for that.

I'll keep you posted on any changes.

Cheers,

Ice

...and I've added all the possible trackers I can find.

I don't think that adding every possible tracker will help you a lot. In your case trackers are useful while they give you a list of peers you don't know of.

Well, you should use trackers that:

- are public (they usually have more peers than private ones, if original .torrent was public from the very beginning)

- already have any peers (your .torrent was uploaded there beforehand) - nice idea is to

use search engines that crawl along torrent indexing sites and collect all trackers for single torrent they can from there (e.g. http://www.mybittorrent.com/)

or use search engines that index pages belonging to the single torrent (e.g. http://www.torrentz.com/).

Googling for your torrent's hash may give you some more pages to collect trackers/.torrent-s from (remember that each .torrent can be uploaded with different list of trackers, and this doesn't change its hash - hence download .torrent-s from different pages and add them to BC - it will automatically add trackers if they'are absent in your task).