To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

After updating to 0.70 enorm speed-decrease

Hello,

Yesterday I started to download a torrent which was quite fast (sometimes reached more than 600kb/s and was most of the time over 500). I reached about 50% of of the 4.3GB very fast but suddenly the speed broke down and stayed at <5kb/s. So I paused the download and turned off the computer as it was late and I didnt want to check whats up with bitcomet.

So I started the download today just an hour ago and the speed was pretty fast again until it dropped down to <5kb/s but most of the time at 1kb/s!

I checked the tracker-status and there was the problem. The tracker couldnt see what client I'm using and something about up to date client was written, I do not exactly know anymore what was written there.

OK I checked the version of my BitComet and it was 0.63... pretty old one when I checked the homepage and saw the actual version to be 0.70. So I updated and started BitComet again with the Torrent I was downloading before. The settings are like before the update so nothing changed... but my speed is again way too low at about 1kb/s again.

I checked the tracker-status again but it was OK... it's still OK now, saying: Tracker Response OK, reannounce in...

So what's the problem? My internet connection is 6Mb/s

My BitComet settings:

Global max. Upload Rate: 100kB/s

Max. Connections per task: 512

Connections to keep per taks: Auto

Global max. Upload Slots: 6

Global min. Upload Slots: 1

Socket Send Buffer Size: Auto

Socket Start Interval: 300ms

Max half-opened TCP connections: 100

These settings normally seem fine as my download speed was above 600kB/S at times, but could I improve something here?

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Katharsis

Ok it's the tracker itself. It has no seeds anymore. Damn I think the torrent was 1d old.

Anyway I tested a Knoppix download and as expected it works as it should.

I have about 10kB/s upload and a constant speed of 750kB/S.

Edit: What the heck? As the download still doesnt increase of that torrent I was downloading before I started my alternative client, which is BitTornado. I have also no single seed here but the speed is after some minutes above 120kB/s which is still slower than the previous 600kB/s but it is enaugh to complete the download in some hours.

The tracker couldnt see what client I'm using and something about up to date client was written, I do not exactly know anymore what was written there.

When asking for support, it's important to write error messages down if you can't remember them exactly. Vital details get lost that way.

So what's the problem?

This is:

Global max. Upload Rate: 100kB/s

Almost certainly far too high.

Yesterday I started to download a torrent which was quite fast (sometimes reached more than 600kb/s and was most of the time over 500).

THAT'S the kind of speed I want to get. I usually get like, 20kb/s download :(

And what Kluelos said, yeah, cap you max upload rate to like, 40 or 50.