To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloading far more than file(s) size....

I have been using 'Bitcomet' for about 1 year with no problems whatsoever, until over the last few weeks I have been downloading files & for some unknown reason to me I end up d/l far more than the files acutal size, for example I downloaded a 550mb file & by the time I finished bitcomet had told me I had really downloaded 850mb with '0 B of rubbish data dropped' & the size of the file still 550mb after d/l & last night a 700mb file & ended up downloading 780mb. These downloads are coming from different places, a few sites are ones I have to sign up for & some are not, but have 'never' had this problem from any of these site before. I uninstalled my 0.62 & installed 0.70 but still the problem persists, I am also d/l a 6.50GB file & buy the look of it when it finishes I will have d/l up 10GB. I also installed some network traffic software to see if the stuff was coming from somewhere else, & checked my system for spyware etc, but looks clean, I have also noticed that a few other people have been having the same problem over the last month, its not a 'big' problem I still get the files & they work fine, but my bandwith connection is so small an extra 1 to 3 hours to get some files. My next step is to try a reinstall of the OS to see if that helps, but I thought I just might run my problem past you guys first.....sorry for the speech but have been a happy 'Bitcomet' user for about a year & with a problem of downloading a extra 300 to 400mb of ghost data a day needs to be looked into.

Thanks for any help

The Colonel

Make sure it isn't just an interface anomaly tripping you up. Confusingly, BitComet's "Total Downloaded" amount is not for this torrent -- it's for all torrents, for the entire session. That ought to be made clearer.

Thanks for the update, & yes I do use Peer Guardian 2 & have for a few months now without any problems. As I said this has just started happening over the last few weeks & now affects not just the odd torrent but 'every' I d/l, for example the file I am d/l now is at is state:

Total Files Size: 699.99 MB [92.0%]

Remaining: 55.00 MB

Downloaded: 715.00 MB (0 B rubbish data dropped)

Total Downloaded: 715.00 MB (0 B rubbish data dropped)

Peers/Seeds 12/22

Thanks