To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Deleted?

I was torrenting a game and it was only 1 min left until it finished and my bro stop the torrent and removed it from the task thing. Can I get it back or do I have retorrent. The torrent takes over 50 hrs to finish.

I was torrenting a game and it was only 1 min left until it finished and my bro stop the torrent and removed it from the task thing. Can I get it back or do I have retorrent.

Well, it depends...

"Remove Task Only" is an easiest case to recover from. Just open the .torrent file with BitComet and set "Save Location" to be the same as your first time, and change "Task" to "Resume". BitComet will check what you already have ("hash-check") and will resume your task. This way you'll only lose stats (U/D Ratio, Total Up/Downloaded, timers etc.) that you had of this task.

"Remove Task & all files" is much more dangerous since the probability of recovering will decrease with every minute passing. This section of one of BitComet's guides will help you (personally, I have "PC Inspector File Recovery" software installed "just in case". Never used it though :) )