To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Task Specific Download Rate

I believe it would be a nice feature to have a task specific download rate option like the task specific upload option. I don't believe this option exists in BitComet, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, on a side note, it'd be cool if once you use the boss key to hide BitComet it would not allow BitComet to be opened by simply clicking the shortcut. I hope to see these features in the future. :)

I believe it would be a nice feature to have a task specific download rate option like the task specific upload option.

I believe that priorities do just the same (plus there's Global Max Download Rate). Though download speed doesn't seem to be limitable from below (e.g. ">16 kB/s"), and that's why I think this wasn't added. Maybe more priorities (say, 5 instead of 3) will give users more control over their uploads and downloads.

I believe that priorities do just the same (plus there's Global Max Download Rate). Though download speed doesn't seem to be limitable from below (e.g. ">16 kB/s"), and that's why I think this wasn't added. Maybe more priorities (say, 5 instead of 3) will give users more control over their uploads and downloads.

I know what you're saying, but when you give them priorities it doesn't work great. Say you give each of two tasks a normal priority. It doesn't divide the bandwidth the same. I could have the first task going at 30 kb/s and the second task (with the same amount of seeds) going at 300 kb/s. If you can't give the users the option of limiting the download rate then make it to where it divides the download rate respectively on tasks that have the same priority. It would also be nice to have more priority options. This would give users more control.

• 3 weeks later...

You can give a suitable rate about the "Global Max Download Rate" and the "Global Max Upload Rate" according to your PC and your bandwidth. From here you can see the both rates. And we will think over your idea.

hi there !

i was looking for this feature and came here when i gave up on my atempts on using the global limits and priority things (even if i'm forced to use them) so here is my first post ! XD

i'm actually in need of this feature and i was wondering why it never showed up in previous versions of bitcomet, i agree the priority options exists but i belive this feature wil be a lot more usefull and add more control !

let me explain

as a member of some private site, i need to have a ratio greater than x.y to stay on the track so i put an upload limit to the max and download to something like 15kb/s (depends on the amount of seeders and leechers) so i have more upload than download

with that, i want to download something else found on any random site at full speed so i want to limit the upload (to give all i can to the first torrent) and use the unused download speed for the second torrent

voila :) i know it seems a bit confusing but trust me, it should be really helpfull !

TheSlider

French BitComet user and suporter ^^

• 3 weeks later...

20070813 beta says:

BitCometBeta ChangeLog

==================================

Add download speed limit

Which may do what you wished for.

But, looking at the Properties/Advanced for the task specific rate controls, NONE are there. Not even the old upload rate control that I often use.

So I don't know what the release notes are saying, but such controls seem to not be where I'd expect them, so must be elsewhere, but I can't find them on 20070813.