To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Upload vs. Download

Hi, I`m a user from Colombia.

The question is....if my ADSL connection is of "400kb", (but when I connect it says 100Mbps), what are the optimal values of Global Max Download Rate and Global Max Upload Rate?

Thanks,

osanbehi

if my ADSL connection is of "400kb", (but when I connect it says 100Mbps), what are the optimal values of Global Max Download Rate and Global Max Upload Rate?

Hi there. I'm from Russia.

Well, I haven't used BitComet Lite yet, but I think there is no too much difference with "normal" BitComet in this case :)

You see, BitComet will use as much download as you can give to it. So leave this at "No Limit" if BC is the only program that uses your traffic; you may consider limiting if you're going to listen to online radio with browsing or doing smth alike with BC running in background.

AFAIK, ADSL is the type of connection, where uploads can max out your line and slow down downloads. In general, (A)DSL modem users usually limit uploading at 80% of possible rates. To find out how much these 80% are in your particular case, stop all your downloads and seed some very demanded torrent for a while. Watch for maximum upload speed, and later limit this to 0.8 of it.