To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Peers Disconnect?

Hi I am currently downloadning a file, when I click and highlight the file im downloading, and go down to the bottom of the page. And go to Peers Tab, it listed like about 50ish peers. But out of these 50ish peers, about 20 of them, the status says "Disconnect". Anyone know how can i fix this that I connect to all of them?

~thx

But out of these 50ish peers, about 20 of them, the status says "Disconnect". Anyone know how can i fix this that I connect to all of them?

Hi there.

This is OK, and it doesn't need to be fixed.

You see, these are peers your BitComet got from trackers and other peers; plus there are peers that you were already connected to before. "DisconnectedN"means that your client tried to reconnect to this peer and has failed N times already. BitComet tries to connect to them automatically, so N increases up to some limit (sort of 3), after which BC gives up and removes this peer from peer list. Well, in general it's better to be connected to less peers with better speeds than to more peers with lower speeds.

There are "Maximum Connections per task" & "Connections to keep per task" parameters in BitComet's Advanced Connection Properties, if you're interested (better leave them to be set to "Auto" unless you have reasons to do otherwise).