To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Some Assistance needed here plz (T_T)

I have some questions that needed assistance in any forms possible

i am using Wrt54g v2.2 (yes i am aware this belongs to the problematic list )

(i have done port forwarding and made sure i always applied to the correct pc that is using bit comet)

1) It seems that when my bitcomet is on (dlling) it kills my browser and renders me unable to surf the net (

according to this thread: http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=134875#134875

i am supposed to limit my speeds, however my speeds (both uploads and downloads are pathetic, meaning way below my max speeds) thus, it is highly possible that this is not the cause of my concern, hence i surf for answers and came upon this error 4266 issue that some people had addressed. I have not tried the patch since its is dangerous to do so. Does this patch(from lvllord.de) solve this problem???

To deal with above problem i have limited my > simultaneouse downloads = 5

>Max. connection per task = 50

>Max. half TCP = 45

>Max cach = 100mb

the problems occurs even when my transfers are as follow (dll = ~5kb/s upd = 14 kb/s)

while my cable would have a max of 450kb/s of downloading speed and umm not too sure bout uploads but definitely more than 15kb/s

current connection under TCP statistic (typing netstat -s in cmd) showed me only 29 connections

well when i closed my bit comet after a few seconds the problem is solved. I understand that this might be a repeated post regarding this problem as i have read quite a few similar post as well, however i do hope u guyz can help somehow, its driving me nuts.

2) i noticed a post on this topic and would really love to know if this is necessary or anything realated to the problem i mentioned above

http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=20892

3)i needed to know what do it means by remote peers as opposed to local peers ??

which one would have given me faster download speeds?? which is more favourable in fact? and how do gain more favourable peers?

If you dont want to change the router firmware to HyperWRT or DD-WRT

then here are some things you can try to have a more stable connection

Dont worry about the Event 4226 patch, just change Bitcomet Max half-open TCP connections to 8

Disable the DHT Network (requires a Bitcomet restart)

Also try following my settings guide but be conservative about the total number of connections Bitcomet makes

you can do this by lowering the max connections per task

lowering the number of simultaneous download tasks

lowering the max upload slots

You need to figure out what your real world download and upload speeds are

You also need to figure out whether you are connectable (able to get remote peers)

look in the Peers tab and see if any of the initiations are Remote, if they are all Local then you have a problem and need to look into portforwarding. Go through my settings guide linked to in my sig I explain most of this stuff there.

If you dont want to change the router firmware to HyperWRT or DD-WRT

then here are some things you can try to have a more stable connection

Dont worry about the Event 4226 patch, just change Bitcomet Max half-open TCP connections to 8

Disable the DHT Network (requires a Bitcomet restart)

Also try following my settings guide but be conservative about the total number of connections Bitcomet makes

you can do this by lowering the max connections per task

lowering the number of simultaneous download tasks

lowering the max upload slots

You need to figure out what your real world download and upload speeds are

You also need to figure out whether you are connectable (able to get remote peers)

look in the Peers tab and see if any of the initiations are Remote, if they are all Local then you have a problem and need to look into portforwarding. Go through my settings guide linked to in my sig I explain most of this stuff there.

thx for the advice bitdave but i have followed all your guides in your sig as i forgot to mention earlier

i have found my solution in Katoshi thread (posted by u too), since he had the same problem as mine.

therefore i will upgrade my router firmware to hyper or DD. and additionally patch my TCp/ip.dll and hope things work out fine.

I still dun understand by peers's status of remote and local, can u explain to me in further details?

from what u have described, it seems remote is far more favourable than local.

But what concerns me more is how do bitcomet categorize peers's status?? And is it possible to convert local peers to remote ones since they would provide me with higher download speeds?

I still dun understand by peers's status of remote and local, can u explain to me in further details?

Read this. The most thing to worry about is to get at least ONE "Remote" initiated connection. You have these, so that's not a problem anymore.