To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Completed downloads 'disappear'

spikeyblitz

hi, i'm actually quite new to torrents and all, so pls bear with me

recently ive just completed downloading an entire season of a drama, 22 episodes, everything worked fine (using bitcomet). torrent i used was from tvtorrents.com, whereby users will have to seed/upload to gain credit points to be able to use their services in the future. so thats what i did. however, i decided to be more adventurous and tried to use a different client - azureus, to perform the seeding/uploading process instead. it wouldnt start, error being some mismatch in file sizes, something like filesize is larger than supposed to be. so i decided to check the download directory. to my horror, half of the downloaded episodes (about 350 mb each) sort of 'transformed' to 4 mb files, as seen through explorer. and the other half just would not play,although their file sizes were 'complete'. im guessing that everything just 'disappeared' . when i ran bitcomet again, the file completion percentage just did not correspond with the files i actually have. i did a manual hash check, to no avail. frustrated, i just restarted downloading everything from scratch again.

although in just a few days, ill get my completed season once more, i just wanna know what actually happened...

thanks

ps, while downloading, i used bit comet's feature of choosing selected files, rather than download the entire 22 episodes, i went by groups of 5... however, everytime i start a new 5, the previous 5 would not display 100% completion. dont know if this'll help or not

however, i decided to be more adventurous and tried to use a different client - azureus, to perform the seeding/uploading process instead.

Hmm... Maybe you should ask for help at Azureus support forum, as this forum is for BitComet users, mostly.

ps, while downloading, i used bit comet's feature of choosing selected files, rather than download the entire 22 episodes, i went by groups of 5... however, everytime i start a new 5, the previous 5 would not display 100% completion.

That's OK, your 100% completed files are untouched, in spite of BC showing some of them <100% (this is a "feature" in BitTorrent protocol, and you shouldn't worry about that).