To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Burning KVCD Files

I usually download AVI's but over the last couple of years I have aquired about a dozen KVCD's. I have recently burned over 1300GB of movies music and other stuff to CD but what i wanna know is how can i convert kvcds to avi's or alternativly burn kvcd's direct to CD???????????????

Cheers CaptainYellowShirt

What, exactly, did you download? For KVCD's it's usually .BIN and .CUE files, which are just a type of disk image. Sometimes it's .ISO files, which are another type of disk image. These can both be burned directly to a CD with many DVD apps (if you're looking for one I suggest ImgBurn from the DVDShrink folks). and played on most DVD players.

If you really, really need to convert them to .AVI's, you can mount the images with daemon tools or Alcohol 120% and point your converter at the virtual drive as the source. Some converters will accept the image files themselves as input. Conversion will take hours, so be aware of that. Quality will probably be so-so at best, because it was stripped down to fit the KVCD.

If you just want to play them on your PC, mount them with daemon tools and you should be good to go. Well, depending on your player.

If you have some other format, let us know and we'll try to help.