To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Content Banning Bug

rayne

I know that its a small bug but i wanted to shed some light over it.

So, while using BitComet 0.70, i encountered a small bug which overrides the previous refrainment settings.

For Example, start a torrent with multiple files in it. Unselect a few files of your choice. and click OK.

Click the Files tab and you will see the files of the torrent. an a few of them named as "Banned".

Select all the files and right click and choose Priority > High, and the files which have been Banned will no longer be banned and will resume downloading with high priority.

It isnt supposed to work in that fashion; i hope the developer would keep in mind about these "SMALL" things :P

Select all the files and right click and choose Priority > High, and the files which have been Banned will no longer be banned and will resume downloading with high priority.

It isnt supposed to work in that fashion; i hope the developer would keep in mind about these "SMALL" things :P

Well, I don't know how could this be supposed to work in another way... You can disable downloading by marking unneeded files as "Banned"; if you change your desicion later, you can (as this should be) mark them as needed by using other priority than "Banned".

Why would anyone need selecting *all* files to make them of equal priority? If you want to select separate file(-s), hold Ctrl and left-click it/them.

IMO everything works as it was intended to work. The only thing I miss about priorities is their number: 6 (Banned, Very Low, Low, Normal, High & Very High) should be enough for me.