To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

dht will not connect

ok i have tried every thing,now can some one please help me.i have bitcomet version 70 and running it widows xp service pk2 and have norton personal fire wall.i have tried the every thing so someone please please help me.....

Your listen port is probably blocked, at least for UDP. Norton firewall is maybe not such a good choice, but if you didn't also disable the XP firewall, that's probably adding a lot to the confusion. Use one(1) firewall. More than one will just stumble over themselves and not add to your security.

Pick one firewall and disable/uninstall the other. Make sure your listen port is open for both TCP and UDP connections.

Go here and use the advanced check to assure the port is really open for both. (Read about testing UDP from the link.)

Your listen port is probably blocked, at least for UDP. Norton firewall is maybe not such a good choice, but if you didn't also disable the XP firewall, that's probably adding a lot to the confusion. Use one(1) firewall. More than one will just stumble over themselves and not add to your security.

Pick one firewall and disable/uninstall the other. Make sure your listen port is open for both TCP and UDP connections.

Go here and use the advanced check to assure the port is really open for both. (Read about testing UDP from the link.)

Thank you very much,i will give it a go...