To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

One At A Time

Hello.

Please excuse me if this has already been taken up but, well.

Is there a way to make BitComet download the files in a torrent one by one?

Example; if a torrent contains ten movies, it downloads the first one to 100%, then the second to 100%, and so on.

Instead of waiting to all files to get 100% downloaded at the same time.

And if there isn't, add it as a suggestion to the versions to come. :)

(I know you can mark which files to download, but that would take forever!)

You add it as a suggestion it is your suggestion. And it is a good suggestion though.

In the options it has an option: "Max Simutaneous Download Tasks" but if change it to 1 when the first task is completed BC doesn't start the next task; it continue to upload the first task that was finished which is normal but why it doesn't start the next task? Only if you deleted the first task when it finished BC start the next that is queued.

The option is "Max Simultaneous Download Tasks" not "Max Simultaneous Started Tasks"?!?!?

So the suggestion could be:

To add another option: "Max Simultaneous Started Tasks".

The existing option "Max Simultaneous Download Tasks" to be all the tasks that are downloading (task<100%) or are waiting for seeders to show up.

The new option "Max Simultaneous Started Tasks" to be all the tasks that are downloading (task<100%) or are waiting for seeders to show up AND all the tasks that are uploading (task=100%) or are waiting for peers to show up.

EDIT: LOL My mistake. I thought you are talking about the torrent tasks not the files in one torrent. I need to go on a reading lessons. :lol: :P :D :rolleyes: There isn't an automatic way to do that you want. Like springy said you must do this manually. Another way to do this is to go on the "files" menu low left on the BC screen and there you can see all the files in the torrent right click on a file->priority->disable or normal.

One way to make this work, is when you open the torrent file, you get this window pop-up showing all the files waiting to be downloaded. So what you do is uncheck the ones you dont want to download now (ie, all except one) and check the one you want to download.

When the first file is finished the others are disabled right click on the next disabled one and choose normal for the priority and it will start downloading the next one and so on.

Then I am free to post the above suggestion now.

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)

One way to make this work, is when you open the torrent file, you get this window pop-up showing all the files waiting to be downloaded. So what you do is uncheck the ones you dont want to download now (ie, all except one) and check the one you want to download. When that file is done, you right click on the torrent name and then properties. You will now get the same window poping up as before, but now you uncheck the downloaded file and check the next file you want to download, and so on and so forth.

The only problem with this is that you have to be at your computer when the file is completed to change to the next one. I am assume you are download a series of some kind.. lol.. I have done this many times, since download the first, watch it, and then the second.. etc.