To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How can I get rip of this "split screen" when watching 3D movie?

a 3D movie has two frames, one for your right eye, one for the left, this is how it creates the illusion of 3D when you wear special glasses with lens to filter out one of each frame. Since you don't have the proper software to tell your system what kind of file you're trying to play, the player just displays the video exactly how it's recorded. There is probably a solution, but there isn't just one universal method of encoding 3D video, and if you know what kind you have, then you're keeping it a secret from us, and if you don't know, then that makes solving it even more difficult.

I've never personally tried to play 3D movies on a computer, they will look horribly blurry without the glasses, which I don't own, so I've never tried it, but I suspect the solution would be to install the proper codecs for the video type you're using, but curiosity makes me want to ask you why you're wanting to watch 3D on a computer. I could understand if you have a 50-60inch HDTV system and some high tech glasses, in which case it might be fun, but I don't think it would be very enjoyable on a computer screen... but that's just my opinion.