To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Need some help please, with burning a disc!!!

whattheheck?

ok, so i downloaded a torrent and tried to open the file, but it was unsupported, as it was a .daa file. That's all fine and dandy, as i have powerISO and can convert the file for vieving, but when i try to burn the file to a DVD disc, (with powerISO) it wont play on my DVD player. Is there any way i can change the file type, or maybe configure it so it will play in my dvd player? I dont know, maybe i'm just doing something wrong. Your help is appreciated!

What makes you think that the contents of the torrent are something that could be viewed, whether in a DVD player or something else? They might be, though it's unusual to distribute such as a .daa, but why do you think so? (You haven't provided any details.)

Next, take one of your playable DVD's, put it in your computer's DVD drive (interrupt the whole autoplay thing), and use Windows Explorer to look at the dvd as a disk (and not as a movie). Study the structure and contents for a while. Take notes, there will be a quiz.

Now do the same for the disk you burned from the .DAA file. If it's not extremely similar down to directory structures and filenames, then whatever you do have is not a playable DVD. Without further information which you don't provide, I can't tell you exactly what it might be, but DVD video disks have to conform to the structure you saw.

Or - you can go to www.download.com and download and install VCDGear which will convert anything into an Mpeg file into your downloads folder. I use Nero 7 Premium which i got for nowt from Morpheus, i select to make a DVD. The wizard kicks in and i just select the file i want to burn then follow the steps to create the Menu etc and then about an hour later i've got a burnt disc ;)