To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Flash 10 troubles

ashanta

Hi,

I've just downloaded and install Adobe Flash Player 10 from Adobe homepage with some troubles.

I can see that Adobe DLM 1,6,2,41 is installed and I have Shockwave Flash 9 installed as a plug-in.

Do I have to disable shockwave Flash 9 ?

All this, is because I can't listen to music on deezer.com

Let me know, thanks

Edited by ashanta (see edit history)

The Adobe documentation says that you need to uninstall all previous versions before you install the latest version. I understand that the browser plug-in is part of the normal install. I'd take that to mean that you need to uninstall it, not disable it. I'd uninstall all things flash that you can find. reboot, then install Flash 10.

Kuelos,

I forgot to mention that I have already Flash Player 10 installed on my computer, but the Internet Explorer version.

Concerning Cometbird, I can't uninstall Shockwave Flash 9, only a disable button appeared on my plug-ins tab.

You said, "reboot", do you mean reboot Cometbird or reboot computer ?

The Adobe documentation says that you need to uninstall all previous versions before you install the latest version. I understand that the browser plug-in is part of the normal install. I'd take that to mean that you need to uninstall it, not disable it. I'd uninstall all things flash that you can find. reboot, then install Flash 10.

I uninstalled all adobe plugins, even flash player 10 (IE version) and reboot my computer.

I installed again Flash Player 10, and again it doesn't work. I can't read deezer homepage, and I still get a message that I have to install Flash Player.

How to solve this issue ? I began to have some headaches with this. :huh:

I meant that you should uninstall any and every version of Flash (including 10), and then reboot the computer to make certain that they're gone. You may want to look at uninstall tools, which comb the system and registry to get rid of all traces of removed programs.

In particular, you need to check your MSIE add-ons to assure that the old Shockwave Flash object is gone now.

Then install Flash 10 and follow its instructions. If it calls for a reboot, do it. Then look at your add-ons again and verify that a new Shockwave Flash object is present and enabled.