To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bitcomet not reading drive space

Scroll down for TL:DR of 1-6

1) What version of BitComet are you using? 1.14

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? fiber

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What model? Have you forwarded your port? for the downloads yes, but between the primary and server computers is just a gigabit switch

4) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? xp pro, no firewall, no antivirus, downloading to windows server 2008, no firewall, no antivirus

5) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.). n/a, all torrents are doing this

6) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance. n/a

Okay, I'm getting the red X beside my torrents. My download directory is to my server (through a switch). The server has over 400GB of space left on the specific drive my directory downloads to.

All folder sharing permissions are setup, and the appropriate authentication is done. When I check properties of my torrents, they all say that the directory they are downloading to has 0 KB space left. I'm still able to move other files to this drive, and download from this drive. This hasn't always happened, but recently I uninstalled Active Directory from the server (and as such, removed my PC from the domain that no longer exists).

Both computers are using gigabit PCE-E cards with flow control and large send offload enabled. Have also tried with one/both disabled, with QOS packet scheduler enabled/disabled, with 1000/100 full/half duplex, respectively. Firewalls are disabled.

Also, I can upload fine.

Any gurus have any insight?

Edited by intothechance (see edit history)

BitComet's telling you that it thinks the disk has no available space.

There is a possibility that it's trying to preallocate more space than is there, so try disabling preallocation in the preferences/options/whatever. But I really doubt that's the issue.

This sounds like the server isn't appearing to the OS as a bog-standard mapped drive (possibly has to go through a driver of some sort), but this isn't something I could resolve remotely.

Since BC is using standard OS calls, it's going to be up to you to figure out why the server's drives aren't mapping correctly, or why they're reporting no space. It's also prudent to triple-check the download path, or have fresh eyes look at it.