To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Add--ons to view quick time file ?

ashanta

Embedded Objects is for downloading - not viewing - things.

If the browser doesn't try to install the QuickTime plugin when you visit a site using QT, then you can go to apple.com, download and install Quicktime yourself. The installation will include the browser plugin.

Embedded Objects is for downloading - not viewing - things.

If the browser doesn't try to install the QuickTime plugin when you visit a site using QT, then you can go to apple.com, download and install Quicktime yourself. The installation will include the browser plugin.

Yes, I know QT website, but my question was for an alternative to QT or any plugin or add-on to view mov files

Any others suggestions, please ?

Not for viewing them online. I'm not sure there is another browser plugin for .mov objects.

If you do want to download the files, using Embed Objects or something like it, then you have alternatives for viewing the file. One is called, err, "Quicktime Alternative", and uses Media Player Classic for its viewer. They also make "RealPlayer Alternative". IMSMR these are included with the CCCP codec pack.

I'm not certain but I believe VLC can handle them also. Memory insists that this worked, but I'm not sure it's correct.