To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Old BC

jtpcamp

**POST MOVED**

I have upgraded to Win 7 from XP. I have been using Ver .70 as I like that UI. When I start BC the torrents connects then download speed quickly goes extremely high I have to use my firewall control to cut the connection till speed drops to zero, then reconnect and all is fine.(this was with XP)

Now with Win 7 the same thing happens along with a new behavior, my CUP activity spikes also. Using my firewall to cut internet connection stops both, for a while. Then it happens again, and again.

I upgraded BC to latest stable version but this behavior still happens along with my torrents disappearing (another post solves this). I have gone back to ver. 070 but still having problems.

Could it be that these versions are not compatible with Win 7? Or something else? Any way to solve both problems?

Edited by greywizard (see edit history)

This one and only time I'll ask and warn you to read and try to follow the Forum Rules.

It's rude to post in somebody else's topic and it will not get you any help but make everybody angry, instead. Start your own topic!

READ THIS before posting and provide all the info required.

...the torrents connects then download speed quickly goes extremely high I have to use my firewall control to cut the connection till speed drops to zero, then reconnect and all is fine.
Do you care to explain why is this a bad thing?! Most people on this forum come and complain about slow speeds. You're the first in the BT history to have complained about high speeds, I believe.
...along with a new behavior, my CUP activity spikes also.
What exactly is somebody supposed to make of that? Can't you give a percentage, instead?

If BitComet is doing a lot of rapid downloading, then there are a lot of blocks that have to be sorted to their correct pieces, and the pieces accounted for and stored. I would therefore expect, and be surprised only at the absence of, increased CPU activity.

I am mystified. What is your complaint? You certainly haven't expressed it very well.