To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Win 7 starting task problem

The Bug Reports section is only for reporting application bugs. Until you've established beyond any doubt that your problem it's a BitComet bug, please don't post there.

*** Topic moved ***

1st sorry for my English.

When i start a task in bitcommet it dont start at the moment but i wait about a minute and the task starts. For the torrents there is no problem but when i'm downloading mp3's or something smaller which are up to 10,20MB i should wait 1 minute before every song/program download starts. I'm downloading a 10MB song usually for 5-10 seconds and if it's necessary to wait 1 minute before every mp3 starts downloading it's awful. Where is the speed?? I'm loosing time!

Maybe i did something in Settings menu but i dont see it.

Help please!

First read the topmost announcement on top of this section and provide all the info required inside if you wish to pursue this further.

I also recommend a clean reinstall - that is, uninstall and then delete the BitComet folder(s) before reinstalling - to see if that clears your problem, before trying anything else.

You certainly are impatient. That delay is always going to be present, this is the nature of bittorrent. It would be a good idea for you to pay attention to what your client is doing during that time. On second thought, since there's no way around it you're probably better off not using bittorrent at all. If you'd had the patience to understand, you wouldn't have asked the question, so it's probably best to just stick to normal downloads.

If i reinstall the problem my downloaded torrents will dissapear and i wont be able to seed them anymore. That's why i'm not reinstalling it yet.

And i don't want to use normal download with firefox downloader. I want to use bitcommet! Can't you resolve this problem! It's a bug for me!

Export your tasklist and settings through the File-->Import and Export menu.

Also, backup your \Torrents folder from your BitComet folder program (make sure you have the one which actually has the torrents in it).

After that you can safely perform a clean reinstall.

When you first start the task, the client needs to contact the tracker to download the metafile containing the list of other peers; and to connect to DHT and obtain a peer list from it. That must happen before your client has anybody to try to contact, and your address/port are placed onto the tracker list so others know to contact you. It takes time and there's no way around this. It's the nature of bittorrent, how it works.

I hope in future you solve this problem because i noticed this only in bitcommet!

Well, "this problem" should be defined first. Then, looked into to see if it's really a BitComet problem.

Only after that, might it be fixed.

Should we really know what type of download are you trying to perform?

Nope.

Is it BitTorrent (in which case kluelos already gave you a sensible explanation)?

Is it a HTTP/FTP download?

Is it a HTTP stream?

You shouldn't let anybody know; I'm sure it's classified. B)

Should anybody know what version of BitComet you use? Or what's your system software setup? Or what's your connection setup?

Nah, what's the point?

We'll just hold a divination session and guess all that.

Then everybody will rush and solve the problem, no worries. ;)

Is it a HTTP/FTP download? - YES

Should anybody know what version of BitComet you use? - Last one - 1.16 Stable

Or what's your system software setup? - What software setup? I'm using Windows 7 and there is nothing in particular! I'm using windows firewall and avast free antivirus.

Or what's your connection setup? - ADSL 12mbit

This waiting before every download no matter if it is HTTP/FTP/TORRENT happens every time. It's about 1 minute. So now i'm using bitcomet only for bigger files or torrents because it offset this minute for the faster speed. :)

My laptop hardware is

HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ61

Intel Pentium Dual Core - 2GHz 1mb L2

Ram 3 gb

HDD- 250GB

video - 4500HD

And last thing - when BitComet will support officially Windows 7. It's about time!

Yesterday i uninstalled BitComet bit i didnt make a backup of it! I just uninstalled it and deleted every folder of it in my computer! Then i restarted the computer and installed new fresh bitcomet of course last version! The problem disappeared! Downloads start immediately!!! It's perfect! I hope that the problem wont appear again!

So what you said that this is "nature of BitComet" and "this is how it works" is crap!!! Thanks for helping me TECH STAFF!!!

Why, you're so very welcome, denispetrov! Now please go away and don't bother us with your stupid questions again. We have more important people to mislead, and besides, we're all out shopping for new cars with our Christmas bonuses. We don't have time for you.

Why don't you switch to µtorrent instead? You'll fit right in with their forum.

Topic closed. Terribly tempted to delete user, but refrained.

I just want to add a single thing.

Yesterday i uninstalled BitComet bit i didnt make a backup of it! I just uninstalled it and deleted every folder of it in my computer! Then i restarted the computer and installed new fresh bitcomet of course last version! The problem disappeared

I told you to do that twice not only once, you genius.

If you weren't able to figure out that the back-up was to be restored only after testing the client for a while for a while in "clean" mode to see how it works, then you are really short-sighted.

It's always a pleasure to see people waisting our time. <_<