To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

CometBird & Orbit Downloader issue

I browsed through the forums in hopes of finding a solution but it seems I wasn't able to...the closest thing that I got was this topic...

http://www.cometforums.com/topic/12793816-download-accelerator/

which didn't answer the issue...and i didn't want to add on to that thread...so i'm starting this one...

the problem is that...Orbit Downloader does not include cometbird in it's install...so that when u right click on an mp3 file or flv file or any linked file in cometbird...u don't get the download using Orbit Downloader shortcut....

before you cometbirds fans say that bitcomet already is a download accelerator...i just want to say...it does not work as well as Orbit Downloader...Orbit Downloader is the best media downloader on the planet!!!!!....and i want to use it with cometbird...it's compatible and works great with Firefox...but not cometbird...

is there a way to manually get cometbird to install the orbit downloader plugin like firefox since it is essentially firefox?

please don't start the finger pointing...if cometbird is serious about competing with the rest of the other browsers....they need to start addressing legitimate issues such as this...

this is an opportunity for cometbird to excel not wither and say, "hey it ain't our problem"...it's with attitudes like this that will make users say, "if that's the case then EFF YOU!!!"

And where did you get the idea that this is about finger pointing?

On the Features page of Orbit Downloader you can read: "6. Support IE, Firefox, Maxthon, Opera."

Kluelos was merely pointing out that depending on how Orbit Downloader achieves its browser support in the source-code, it may need to include CometBird on the list of supported browsers, no matter whether CometBird is, potentially, already compatible with it.

i asked the folks at orbit downloader...and u know wat they said?...cometbird who?....

u guys don't even register on their radar....if ur expecting orbit downloader to add cometbird to their already successful software...u can forget it...

it's cometbird who's trying to make a name for itself that needs to be proactive here...

anyways...if there is no help or support from cometbird...i understand...firefox is perfectly viable...even if it's a tad bit slower...the support fully makes up for it's bloatedness....

thanks guys...

it's cometbird who's trying to make a name for itself that needs to be proactive here...

So, what exactly do you suggest by that?

That the developers of CometBird high-jack or reverse-engineer the source-code of Orbit Downloader in order to add support for CometBird and release a clone of Orbit Donwloader of their own?

Or to get down to their knees and beg them to do that?

If the Orbit team chooses not to support this browser at present time, nobody can force them to do that.