To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Im a little Confused ¬_¬

Donde

Alright my wonderful wonderful people that I love and cherish. I got a dilemma I have 2 videos ... of the adult genre ;) *nudge nudge* anyways, I can play one and not the other..

The Specs O:!!

The one I can play

Audio: Windows Media Audio 44100Hz stereo 128Kbps [Raw Audio 0]

Video: WVC1 1280x720 29.97fps 0Kbps [Raw Video 1]

============

The one I can't play

Audio: Windows Media Audio 44100Hz stereo 128Kbps [Raw Audio 0]

Video: WVC1 1280x720 29.97fps 0Kbps [Raw Video 1]

============

Both are exactly Identical o.o.

More about the videos:

The one I can play: The icon shows a frame of the movie like avi and wmv's do. Except of course for files like MKV's OGG's FLV's MP4's. When I play the video, I can easily navigate through it.

The one I can't play: The icon doesnt show a frame from the movie its just a circle windows icon. When I click to play the file , it opens up like any other video, it plays nicely but whenever I try navigating it freezes up and then I have to close the window cause it just wont unfreeze.

So what do u guys think this is? It cant possibly be a codec problem O_o. If you guys need the files just ask me for them and I will upload and post a link to them for download.

Edited by Donde (see edit history)

So, if my understanding in correct, you can actually play the file and it is decoded and displayed correctly; you just can't navigate through it. Which is a different matter.

Now, I'm no video guru, so anybody who knows anything more can step in.

But my two cents worth is that either your video file has a very long distance between keyframes which in many cases renders the file anywhere from hard till next to impossible to navigate or the video file structure is corrupted.

If the file plays without errors from start to end and you want to preserve it you may try to transcode/re-encode it in another file format, which thing, if successful, will get you rid of this issue.

Yeah correct. Plays fine decodes and everything.

At first I thought it might have not downloaded completely. But it couldn't possibly be that. Because if anyone has had experienced with an incomplete vid file, it will either play after it has so to speak buffer well not buffer but a percentage appears in the right lower corner, or the file doesn't play at all. And when u try to navigate on a incomplete file, it usually doesnt let you or it does but the image becomes abstract and at sometimes just doesnt keep playing.

So in this instance, like I said the file plays, it comes up,everything is superb. Now I checked and if I try navigating small distances, really small ones it wont freeze. But the other video is longer and I can navigate as far of a distance as I want.

@grey, See I was thinking of doing that but don't you usually need some fancy program to do that? I mean if there is one thats freeware then im all for it. But what Im coming down to is that I may need a graphics card update :\ but that just doesnt add up if I can play other 1080 x 720 p videos just fine.

I haven't done video conversions in a long time, so I'm not up to speed with the latest tools for transcoding and reencoding. But usually, there are always free tools available even for HD video.

The thing is that free tools are very often more demanding for the average user as they assume you know what you're supposed to do and how to do it; they're not so "idiot-proof".

AFAIK Avisynth can frame-serve HD video so from there is just a matter of finding the right encoding front-end.

Or use the web to find a different approach.

Anyway the nitty-gritty details on how to do that are beyond the scope of this forum. You'll need to head to video forums sites for more info and help.

There's a pretty good freeware tool called "AllToAvi", available from SourceForge, that works as well and as briskly as anything else I've tried. Use it to convert the video to XVid, which usually resolves this problem.

@kluelos

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. But see most freeware usually doesnt do so good with HD videos. I wanna keep the HD'ness you know? Plus idk if its just me but I have a little pet peeve were if something isn't like its suppose to be originally it bothers me xD. But Anyways thanx dude.

I have come to a conclusion that I need a better graphics card, one of those fancy new ones that are meant for HD and what nots. I mean I got like 3 of those videos that are 1080x720p that do that, that work, are watchable but try navagating through them and they freeze. Its like if I had one bad one what are the chances of me getting 3 bad ones? Plus other people dont seem to have problem with them. So Ima just upgrade my comp. Plus those vids tend to act like the 1920 x 1080P videos and I know for a fact I need a better graphics cards for those.

Thanx for the help dudes. But if I said something wrong please to hesitate to point it out to me.