Jump to content
Comet Forums

Tracker Error - A system call has failed


DevilsOrAngels
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got a tracker problem : " A system called has failed" after import the data back up i backed up before installing the new OS . My new OS is win7 pro and my previous OS is XP Sp3 . Current BC version is 1.18. Can someone tell me how to fix it ? i think basic of this problem is that the differences between win7 and xp cause the import data back up content all the setting from the previous OS (XP) and it doesnt fix in win7

Edited by kluelos
Moved to General questions, at least until we can figure out what this has to do with BitComet. (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The BitComet client does not include a tracker. It communicates with trackers run on other systems. Are you running your own tracker? What makes you think you have a tracker problem, or that whatever problem you do have has anything to do with BitComet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The BitComet client does not include a tracker. It communicates with trackers run on other systems. Are you running your own tracker? What makes you think you have a tracker problem, or that whatever problem you do have has anything to do with BitComet?

Cause only bitcomet cant connect to trackers i tried the same torrent with utorrent and it worked just fine ... Im not running any own trackers. I had encountered this problem before ... it's caused by the difference of tcpip.sys when i reinstalled the os and can be fixed by changing the tcpip.sys back to the original but now the new OS that i installed is win7 and it doesnt support any changes of tcpip.sys so i dont know how to fix it anymore =.=!

P/s : sorry for my bad english

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before i installed a new OS i used Bitcomet's export to back up the task list of bitcomet . the problem occurred when i installed the new OS (win7) and used bitcomet's import to import the back up of task list .

Here is the image :

error.png

Only the DHT and UDP tracker work ... others fail mysteriously =.=!

Edited by DevilsOrAngels (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is indeed a Windows Winsock error.

I doubt that it's in anyway related to BitComet; it's just that probably BitComet brings it to surface.

You say that this appeared after you imported the tasklist. If this was related to the tasklist this would mean that the new tasks you add now, shouldn't display this error. Is that the case?

Furthermore, are all the tasks displaying this error or just some?

Can other applications connect to the Internet correctly or not?

What can you see in the Event Viewer?

Winsock corruption can occur for a lot of reasons.

The first thing you should do is make sure that your PC is not infected with a trojan/malware.

If that's not the case, you could try resetting the Winsock component of the TCP/IP stack.

1. Click on Start button.

2. Type cmd in the Start Search text box.

3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.

4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

5. Restart the computer.

The downside is that you might need to reinstall some programs which install themselves as LSP (Layered Service Providers) in the TCP/IP stack (if any).

If that doesn't fix it you may try and reset the whole TCP/IP stack to the default settings.

Repeat steps 1-3 and then type:

netsh int reset all

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Press ENTER after each of the commands.

Restart the computer.

If that still doesn't cut it, you might want to run System File Checker, in the event that there is a corrupted or missing system file.

1. Click on Start button.

2. Type cmd in the Start Search text box.

3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.

4. Type sfc /scannow.

5. Press ENTER.

You might need the installation disc (if requested). After it's finished reboot.

Hopefully by now, this should be solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, since IDM and BitComet's browser integration are both trying to do exactly the same thing, you'll have to choose one and disable the other. Either have IDM handle your http downloads, or have BitComet do it, but if you try to have both do it, expect problems. They're both trying to grab the same steering wheel.

Remember that bittorrent downloads and http downloads are different. IDM doesn't handle bittorrent, and the "regular" part of BitComet doesn't handle http -- you can install BitComet and tell it NOT to integrate with (handle) the browser's downloads. Then you can have IDM handle the browser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...