To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help!!can't download from animestreaming sites anymore?

I've been using bitcomet to download my favourite anime episodes (for free i might add)from anime streaming sites like animefreak.tv and pimpanime.com for the past six months now, and i encountered no problems whatsoever until last sunday (21/2/10), when i tried to download an anime episode using bitcomet, but it just wasn't able to.Bitcomet users are familiar with the "Download Media Files Using Bitcomet" option when you right click the page with a running video, rite?Well, i right clicked, but the video file just doesn't appear!I was SHOCKED!!!I tried it on both of my anime websites,but i just couldnt pull any videos from either websites (except youtube).I tried cometbird, firefox, and I.E., but none of them worked.....plz, i need a solution here.

You should try visiting one of those sites, right-clicking on one of the links to something you might download, and selecting "copy link location". Then open Notepad and paste the url into it.

This will give you a link that you can study. The issue is probably there. If it's not something obvious, then try pasting it into your message, but be careful to use the "code" style -- click the "other styles" pulldown from this editor and chose "Code". A pop-up box will appear. Copy the contents of notepad, and paste into that box, then click "add".

That will add the contents of the url into your message in a way that can be observed and studied rather than trying to act as code.

The most obvious cause of the problem is a bug in the web site's program code, so that it's creating defective links. Even if that's not the case, we need to rule it out, but if you didn't change anything, then probably the web site did.

actually, i did play the video first before attempting to download, but the weird thing that i noticed right now is that their videos no longer loads; it just buffers, then plays.the loading bar just instantly fills up. but the very strange thing is that the video still needs to buffer while playing. even if they finished streaming the video, and i rewind it, it STILL needs to buffer..... i wonder if that is the main reason why bitcomet is no longer able to pull videos from those said websites.i still can pull videos from youtube though, since their videos need to load....

here, i'll paste a code here from a site where i wan to download from. hope it'll give some hints on how to be able to pull videos from their sites again...........

<div class="video_player"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="../../files/jw/player.swf" width="593" height="470"><param name="movie" value="../../files/jw/player.swf"><param name="flashvars" value="file=/154/vid_de1d6d45f342412ea0dddb1d053b992d&streamer=rtmpe://akafms-videos02.myspacecdn.com/ondemand&image=../../files/images/splash.jpg&lightcolor=6666FF&skin=http://www.longtailvideo.com/files/skins/modieus.swf&volume=100"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="scale" value="noorder"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></object></div>

if this doesn't help....... well.... plz offer an alternative for me...........................