To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

using proxy server with bitcomet

Hello please i am using an aircard 597e and my isp have blocked me from port fowarding so i decided to use proxy for my bitcomet download.i installed http tunnel v4.4 and used an online configuration that i saw.my LAN is 41.155.e.t.c and my WAN is 24.187.252.5 but my download is still going at 25 to 35 kb/s.i will like to know if i have configured it right.if not please can anyone help me with how to configure http tunnel v4.4 with my bitcomet so that i can get a good download speed.i will really appreciate any help.

The proxy won't help, and is entirely orthogonal to the problem. The traffic that wants to pass inbound through the listen port is not HTTP, so an HTTP proxy is just out there in left field, not relevant. Only the traffic to/from the tracker itself is HTTP and you're not having an issue with that.

Since you're downloading at all, you're communicating with the tracker, but you can probably do that without the proxy altogether. This is a dead end. Look instead at a VPN solution.

Check out the IPREDator service from thepiratebay.org

Most wireless services, of whatever kind, are going to be firewalled. You should keep this in mind when shopping for services, or when contemplating free services being offered -- especially if you're paying taxes to support them. You and other people should understand what they are and aren't getting, and firewalled services are crippled. They should be heavily discounted because of that, or better yet, voted down because of that. You're only getting half an internet, you shouldn't be paying full price for it, (especially out of ignorance!) or settling for half if there's a choice.

When you are looking at an internet connection that comes with the facility -- office, apartment, dormitory, whatever -- it is probably firewalled, and should likewise be heavily discounted because it is not a 'real' internet connection and is nearly worthless. You will probably need to have your own internet connection installed, not having much use for theirs. Their internet especially should not count for anything as regards the rent you pay. If they won't let you wire in your own connection, insist on a discount from the rent, for the place isn't worth as much as one where you can get a non-crippled connection. The rent should be less than that for a facility with no internet connection at all. Better yet, just move on and be sure to let them know that this is why you passed on them.

Thanks very much for your advice.i will keep it in mind in case of next time.for now,i need to know how to configure the VPN with my bit comet.i already have 2 VPN softwares downloaded.i have easyvpn by commodo and i just dont know what to do next.the easyvpn opens a messanger service when i run it but i just dont know the configurations.pls if you can help me with how to configure the commodo easyvpn or any other vpn you know i will really appreciate it.i will prefer a free vpn cos i will not like to give my card details online.pls i have and will still appreciate any help you can offer.i have never experienced a download faster than 40kb/s and i am very keen.thanks a lot

The software you downloaded are VPN clients. That is, they need to connect to a VPN service. That can be a remote private site, a remote server or your friend's VPN software running on his computer.

They don't work by themselves. That's because the VPN client creates a tunnel between itself and the other VPN software which acts as a server, providing you with a tunneled, encrypted connection which is virtually impermeable to third-party eyes.

But what you need is a VPN server which will substitute itself with you and present itself to the rest of the Internet as being yourself. That is, all connections originating from your PC will pass through that server and have your public IP substituted with one of the VPN server's IPs, pretty much as in the NAT process.

There are several free VPN services of this kind, such as Hotspot Shield for instance. The issue is that for BitTorrent to work well, you will also need an open port on which other BitTorrent clients can contact you and initiate connections with you. Obviously in case of a VPN connection you will need to have your port open on the VPN server as well (a.k.a. the server will have to accept inbound connections coming on that port and route them to your PC).

IPredator can handle that, since it's specifically designed with P2P in mind. Other services... I don't know of any, so far.

almost everyone prefers a free service. For that reason, whenever anybody opens one up, it gets immediately slammed, and becomes too slow to be of use to anyone. Free services don't last too long. I am not aware of any that are still in existence.

As far as security, you are statistically in much more danger of having card information stolen when you use the card at a restaurant than you are when using it online. If it worries you so, you might contact your card issuer and see if they have some scheme designed for this situation, like a temporary card number that's valid only for a short time.