To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bin cue ?

macstl

I read the link. But I don't understand what to do with all these bin cue files. I extracted the download and it divided into 10 or 12 more rar files of the same size. When I try to extract them they all are the same name bin cue and wants to overwrite the first one. The instructions that came with it say extract , mount burn, play. I don't understand how it applies to all these bin cue files/

A rar archive is either open, or not. It's never partially open. Open one file, you've opened the entire archive and can extract the whole thing. Open another file, you've opened the entire archive again, so of course extracting it again is going to overwrite, which is a duplication of effort and a waste of time. open one of the files, extract the archive, you're done with .rar and can delete all of those files. Now you've got a disk image, which you treat as such.

I extracted 3 of the rars and they are all the same thing ie a whole set of cbt's of the same names. I don't understand why the download extracts into 13 copies of the same thing in but I got what I want from the download.

Thank you for responding to my questions.