To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Lost all seeding and tracking PLEASE HELP

pissy71

Hi

I've upgraded to 1.18 and lost everything seeds, tracking, pretty much all information the info screen is blank. The full and partial downloads are still in my directory. I've tried reset/changing directory then back, changing the new bak file with the old one, renaming the bak file 'downloads'. Nothing seems to work! Please help as I have about 65 gigs of partials that I can't finish. I've course if I try starting a partial file manually (through history) it will start...but right from the start losing sometimes 6 gigs of the already downloaded file!

Edited by pissy71 (see edit history)

Well, if you have the torrents in History, and add them again you shouldn't loose any of the already downloaded stuff.

If it doesn't perform an automatic hash-check and display your correct percentage, then you can always stop the task and perform a manual hash-check before running it further.

That way your percentages will go back to what they were before.

By the way... the last version is v.1.20; since you're upgrading, maybe you should check it (check the archive page for the time being as the main one seems not updated). There are some goodies that you might want in the last 2 versions.

Thanks very much. Ihen it said that the task had been removed and did I want to stat a new one. I did a couple but none shown completed. I didn't want to lose any more files. But it's now working (when it does hash check on fully downloaded it shows %100)

Thank again.

I should do a manual create task on all files before a download the new version?

it's quite unusual to completely lose a download. Normally, you have to have deleted it yourself, which you'd presumably know. The partial or complete download is likely to be there somewhere. It sounds as though you've damaged or deleted your tasks file, which would have the record of the download directory other than the default, for that task. It's worth the time to search for the full or partial download before giving up and restarting.

Normally just installing any version shouldn't cause any hiccups at all. You may want to do a backup of BC's program directory and %appdata% directory to be safe.

1.19 is the last regular release. 1.20 is in whatever you call a beta of a beta -- since there has been no formal production release of BC, ever.

Yeah the file was showing 1kb so I renamed the bak file that showed 126kb and I got the history back (now I know only some of the history). I found the downloads but when I try to open the partials with bitcomet i doesn't work so I don't know of any other way.

Well, actually I was talking about the History category in the Favorites pane on the left.

If it's been activated before, you should find there all the torrents you previously downloaded and from there you can add them back into the Task List.

Of course, you'd have to point them to the right download folder (where the unfinished files reside) as kluelos told you.

Well, actually I was talking about the History category in the Favorites pane on the left.

If it's been activated before, you should find there all the torrents you previously downloaded and from there you can add them back into the Task List.

Of course, you'd have to point them to the right download folder (where the unfinished files reside) as kluelos told you.

Yeah that's what I'm using (history in favorites), but the statement above still applies ie. not all downloads are there (missing around 50 partials) and error in percentage rates (%0 instead of %90-%100). I know where the files are but without the tracker/torrent info stuff in history how do I restart?

Edited by pissy71 (see edit history)

Then, for the rest of the files (which don't have tasks present in History) you'll need to download from an index site, the .torrent file you used to download them in the first place.

You'll need the exact same .torrent file (one that has the same info-hash value) in order to be able to pick up the downloads from where you left them.

It still might be a good idea to first search the \Torrents folder for the files you're missing. They might still be there. See this Wiki FAQ for the folders where you should search for it, depending on your Windows version.