To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

A couple of sugestions

I'm thinking of some sugestions to improve bitcomet.

First one would be if you can make the icons on torrent with an error on the tracker status to turn red or any other colour so i can know about the error without actually checking all the torrents.it would help me a lot.

Also i would really like if you would add a new column called tracker url or something like that so i can sort all the torrents by the tracker.

That would be all until now.Thanks and hope to see them on the next update. ;)

The first, tracker errors are extremely frequent. Extremely. Most of the time, that's harmless, they just time out or network congestion temporarily prevents a scrape, but BC goes right on working with a previous peers list, until an update is successful. There's nothing wrong, and I wouldn't want an alert telling me there was something wrong. It would fire off constantly, and I can certainly do without that pointless nuisance.

The second many torrents have multiple trackers, some have a dozen or more. How would BitComet know which one of those to sort by? If it just picks the first one listed, how does this feature help you?

Well i would really like to know if there is an error so i can stop the torrent if for example it's deleted from the tracker.I don't wanna seed it for nothing for weeks until i notice. :( Jow about if it can be optional at least?So you can turn it off or on?

And about the trackers, how about sorting them alfabeticaly?It's already in utorrent and vuze and many others so i would love to see it in bitcomet.

And sort them only for private torrents.I know on public ones they have loads of tem but not in public ones.

Edited by Mihai (see edit history)

I wouldn't say that you seed for nothing if the torrent isn't tracked by a tracker any longer. The torrents on The Pirate Bay survived for months when the tracker was down, due to DHT and PEX.

That's the very reason that they definitively took down their tracker, in the end.

Torrents don't necessarily need a tracker to survive; as long as there are peers in the swarm you can happily seed and it won't be pointless.

That is unless you're referring to torrents tracked by private trackers, but then you should explicitly specify that to make your case stronger in front of the dev team.

And again you are right greywizard. And again i didn't know i should specify that. But yes, on private trackers i can't do that, which means it would be a great improvement to the client.