To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Suggestion: Bitcomet Desktop Gadget

Good day comrades. I've enjoyed your software immensely. It's ease of usage is fantastic, its reliability unsurpassed, and its flexibility par none. I am by common definement a "fan."

I come here to make a simple suggestion as to what should be integrated into the next release, or maybe as a separate application. Vista and Windows 7 users have experienced the simple convenience of using desktop gadgets to get their work done. Daemon tools' last release had desktop gadget abilities, and I've found it to be incredibly simple to use. I figured, "Well, since one great thing just got greater, why not have something like this for my favorite torrent application?" BitComet would become even easier to use if it had a desktop gadget to work as an addon WITH the normal application, or work as a standalone gadget.

Thank you for the great software, and thanks for hearing my request.

- Steve

• 2 months later...

It's not even on the radar, alaa. You didn't explain what it was that you wanted a gadget for -- what you wanted it to do that the floating window doesn't already do, or that isn't already accomplished some other way.

I can't think of anything it could do that I don't already get either by mousing-over the tray icon, or by balloon annoucements of events.

If you thought it was on the back-burner, it isn't. Everyone was waiting for you to answer the questions, and when you didn't, the matter was dropped completely. It isn't somewhere in the queue, it's not in the queue at all and it's not ever gonna happen unless you can sell the idea first.

Likewise, Stevo, as was made plain in the first thread, nobody seems to be able to clarify just what such a gadget would do.

• 2 years later...

I think it would be good if we had a gadget.It should be like a second taskbar.Always there when BitComet is open.For example im at home writing something and downloading something.Sometimes i look to see the speed evolution and time left for the torrent , but i dont want to have to use the mouse ,as i said just like a little secondary taskbar.Oh and another suggestion.I think it would be good to introduce the priority thing like in UTorrent where u can set certain priorities to some torrents.Yes i know i can set a speed limit,but its diferent

• 2 months later...