To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Auto Update

FC360

I think there is a auto update that searches when bitcomet starts but in order to actually get the update I have to go to the website in my web browser and download it, then run it. I would love to see a auto update feature added to bitcomet so if a newer version is found it asks if I want to update and when I click on yes it downloads, installs and restarts bitcomet, instead of having to use a web browser to download newer version.

• 2 months later...

Yes BitComet does have this function.

Please go to Help, and click on Check for Updates, then BitComet will check updates for you.

You can also go to Options -> Service, and tick Check for BitComet updates on startup. Hence updates will be automatically searched everytime you run your BitComet.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes BitComet does have this function.

Please go to Help, and click on Check for Updates, then BitComet will check updates for you.

You can also go to Options -> Service, and tick Check for BitComet updates on startup. Hence updates will be automatically searched everytime you run your BitComet.

But that takes you to the bitcomet site to download the latest version, so it has to be downloaded and run manually instead of having the program search for a update, downloading and installing the update all on it's own without needing the user to do anything.

• 3 weeks later...