To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrent site links on bitcomet

doncat06

I download bitcomet,Have had it in the past. ok, I down load it, knocks out some of my programs. So I remove bitcomet, repair the damage. reload bitcomet. now torrent sites comes up Page unknown or url could not be found. Been trying to solve, Dont know what to do. I could use some input on this matter. I have posted this problem several times in differant forums here. some got deleted off of the forums, just trying to solve problem im having. if cannot get help soon will delete bitcomet and switch to limewire. Not what I want to do, have had limewire before, Their downloads are limited, they are great though about helping with any problems. Not sure about bitcomet. never had this problem before using bitcomet. Any help would be greatful...

You've been asked some questions in your other thread which it seems you can't be bothered to answer. Instead you went ahead and made another topic just like the first one.

If you're referring to the Torrent Sites category in the Favorites panel of BitComet, then you have to acknowledge that it uses a Comet server (atcomet.com) to redirect your browser to the target sites. If that Comet server is down, busy or malfunctions at any time, you will encounter an error of that type.

When that happens you can always access those sites directly in your browser, without passing through BitComet. In fact, it's a good idea to add them as bookmarks in your favorite browser so that they're always at your fingertips. Many people, don't use at all that method of accessing the said sites. Those links from within BitComet are provided only for convenience and ease of use, but when the server doesn't work, one has to always be prepared and aware that the sites can be accessed by the standard method, in your browser, without involving BitComet at all.

However, the Comet server seems to be working fine at the moment when I'm writing this.

Ok ty, im kinda new to forum, hav'nt had a need to use. its alittle confusing to understand where to post stuff and try to find again. I was thinking that maybe I might have done something wrong. Thanks again, Ill keep it in mind

Oh one more thing, can you tell my why when I downloaded bitcomet It knock out some of my programs? Like registry mechanic, spybot,AVS media player, and also a pc game called command and conqure. I had to reload these after i down loaded Bitcomet. my game was almost completly removed, just from downloading Bc. Thanks again for the input... : )

Edited by doncat06 (see edit history)

You can find your topics using several methods:

1. You can set the forum to "watch" certain topics which interest you by clicking on the "Watch this topic" button on top of the page; you'll see all watched topics in the little panel on the right side of the forum named "Watched content", when you open it;

2. You can use the "View new content" link/button on the upper right side of the page to retrieve all new content on the forum; if any of your topics have been replied to, you'll find them in there;

3. You can also use the "Today's active content" link, in the blue bar at the bottom of the main page, in order to view all the topics which were active that day; if you got a reply you shall find yours among them;

4. You can always go to your User panel and access all the topics or posts that you ever wrote;

5. Or you can simply remember/write down the section of the forum where you posted.

The moderators of the forum review ALL the topics daily, mostly, and no matter where you write, your post will be read.

As for your other thing, I really doubt that BitComet has done any of the stuff you say. Given the fact that you can't even differentiate between downloading an application and installing it one has to wonder how accurate is the rest of the info provided.

One does download first the installer of an application; at that point the installer is just a simple file, as far as your system is concerned. It could have been an image file, a music file, a movie or whatever else; it wouldn't make much of a difference to your system.

Only after that, if one CHOOSES to actually install that application, will it exert any actions on that system. For a tremendous part of the applications out there, this will simply try to write the program files in some folder and for many applications it will also write some registry entries. Some more complex applications, if badly written, may damage your system.

Therefore, since you can't even differentiate between the two actions and their different consequences, I really doubt you can draw any reliable conclusion concerning this matter.

I really don't believe that BitComet did that for you, since it's a very little and "green" application (i.e. it doesn't use registry keys, save a few for registering some plugins) and it writes all it's settings in settings files not in the Windows Registry. Simply copying files from one folder to another, won't "knock your system down", will it? That's pretty much what the BitComet installer does; it copies the program's files in a few folders.

I lean more towards thinking that you don't really understand everything that happens on your system and you're just blaming on BitComet some stuff that happened for entirely different reasons, just because the time when the issues occurred somehow coincided with your installing of BitComet.

I'll admit, Im not to Computor literate, However im not like most. I use computors As a tool, to learn and understand more about the world around me. Im not one of those whom sit at a comp. all day like a zombie or something. Nor am i someone who place blam on someone else even if im the one I should be blaming. Which from what you have wrote, you might be emplying. Regaurdless, I would like to thank you, you information was helpfull. Have a great day... : )

" Even the Greatest of Tree's Must Bow to the Wind."

You're actually not "to" literate at all, are you?

But you know, computer literacy isn't actually involved here. What we're talking about is simply paying some attention to what one is doing. Zombiehood isn't required, but thanks for characterising the people trying to help you, as zombies. I trust you do understand why we're in a relentless quest for brains?

Jury's still out on the blame thing, but I can tell you it's not looking good. Sure SEEMS like you're trying to blame Wiz for your own failure to watch what you're doing.

There could have been a number of reasons that caused my problem, As I have said before, I only seek to understand, Also as i said im not blaming bit., or anyone else, Other than myself nor was i implying that you guys are zombies if I felt that way i would not even bothered to ask for help.Im quit confident that you guys know what you are doing. I was being generic refering to others. Maybe you mis understood that, If you did my apologies. I do know this, The only Stupid Question's are the ones you dont ask. And a person is not stupid because they choose to seek knowlege or understanding in order to learn. As you have implyed.

Have a great Day...

"Knowlege is the key to undestanding, which leads to enlightenment"...Socrates

Edited by doncat06 (see edit history)