To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet kicks to Desktop when download is finished!

Hi. I'm a user of Bitcomet 1.22 and i have a major problem. Every time a download finishes no matter what I'm doing, Bitcomet trows me back to desktop.

For example: When im playing Fallout 3 or Starcraft 2 and a download(torrent) finishes, the game minimizes to the desktop(for starcraft 2 i just have to click the minimized icon and the game after hanging for sometime goes back, but fallout 3 stops responding and i have to close it down on the task manager.

I goggled for some time but couldn't find any answer. I tinkered on the options but found nothing.Im on windows 7 x64 ultimate(core i5 750/4GB RAM).

Have you enabled virus scan in your options?

No.Virus scan is not enabled and i also thought that it could be the option "play sound when task finished" that was trowing me out of games.Even with both options not selected bitcomet continues to kick to desktop when download finishes.

Have you watched what happens on your system when BitComet finishes a download while being minimized and you're not playing?

Is there anything at all that comes up on the desktop?

I usually leave bitcomet minimized to system tray, not the task bar.I made a test to see what happens when a download finishes, i was running nothing and just staring at the desktop and what happened was that a white balloon popped up near the system tray saying that the download was finished.

I´m pretty sure that balloon that is causing the problem.Do you guys know how i can deactivate it?I looked all around on options but can´t find it.

I figured out that the balloon is from the notification area icons of the task bar, and not from bitcomet.I just selected "hide icon and notifications" and the balloon stop appearing, but the problem persists.When gaming and a download finishes it trows me to desktop.

Aside from the balloon nothing else happens, so i don´t know what action inside bitcomet when a download finishes is triggering this.