To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[NEW] MPCStar 4.6 released

Lucy26

Dear all,

MPCStar v4.6 has been released! You can download it from its official website.

MPCSTAR v4.6 (2010.08.11)

[PLAYER] add new audio player: CometPlayer

[PLAYER] hide window frame for compact mode

[PLAYER] add association for m2ts, m2t, mts

[PLAYER] change video renderer in Vista, Win7, to utilize anti-aliasing function

[PLAYER] remove Audio Boost panel, enlarge volume range to 300% instead

[PLAYER] ignore case when adding similar video file to playlist automatically

[PLAYER] improve video play from HTTP URL

[PLAYER] fix the bug of silence when play some RealMedia files

[codeC] remove QuickTime codec, using ffdshow instead

Please feel free to try this version, and leave your feedback, suggestions, and bug reports here.

Regards,

The BitComet Team

20100801mpcstar.exe error... I ended up uninstalling the program and not use it at all. Cant even play my movies without error. UNless I can find the previous version of 4.6 which worked perfectly until I updated to 4.6 these problems happened.

20100801mpcstar.exe error...

Hi Ash26, what error was it? Can you please tell me more about it?

enlarge volume range to 300% instead

Hi Roma_chudo, You'll need to scroll your mouse or press Ctrl+Up to turn up the volume to higher than 100%.

I keep getting an error that just says that MPCStar crashed when I try to play something. The file is corrupt. I've tried uninstalling, restarting, then installing again. I've deleted the downloaded file and downloaded it again; installed, uninstalled, restarted, repeated process. I believe I'm getting the same message that Ash26 mentioned. I finally decided to uninstall 4.6 and reinstall 4.5. I'll stay with that file until 4.6 gets fixed or whatever.

Awesome, 4.6. :lol:

Haven't posted in quite a while, since this has been executing perfectly.

But...

I uprated to 4.6 and I don't know if its just me or if I have some setting I shouldn't have on. But whenever I try to play a file that has "#" in its name. It considers it a "file not found" (right on the left bottom corner of the player.

That's one problem with 4.6 I have.

And yes, if I take out the "#" from the name of the file I'm trying to play it will play.

But yea, can someone look into this problem? Maybe its just me whos having that problem. Hopefully not.

Edited by Donde (see edit history)

I just wanted stop and show my support for you guys and girls working on MPC Star and ask two questions about 4.6: Why was the "Normalize Volume" option removed? It worked wonders on my laptop. And is there any chance that it may be added back to a future version? I only ask because DVDs typically have this horridly low sound volume, whereas a typical mp4 has a (just guessing here) 50% boost over the DVD. With the Normalize feature, I only had to check the box, and the program took care of the rest. Other then that, excellent job with the player. Keep up the good work.

Oh, and one more thing I just thought of in a two-part question: Are there any command switches for MPC Star (such as a switch to start compact or maximized) and where might one find them? I tried Google and the first thing I found was the MPC Star Changelog.

@ Donde: Seems like this happens to certain formats of files, the problem has been reported to the development team and they will handle it. Thank you for reporting. :)

@ Emmortel: Yes this feature has been removed, but now you can turn up the volume to 300% by scrolling your mouse or press Ctrl+Up.

If you go to Tool -> Options -> Hotkeys, you will find all the hotkeys for commands, and you can change them according to your own preferences.

P.S. Thank you guys for supporting MPCStar! :lol:

A file let out on the network should never have a # in the filename. It's a special character for some operating systems, and indicates, for them, something like % does in MS-DOS batch commands -- something virtual, a file or system logical. It has had a special meaning from the very earliest days of digital communication, Pretty much all telephones still have # and * keys in order to enter this as a special character.

We need to keep stuff like that out of filenames that might be spread to other OS's, in the first place.

So is it a bug to honor the # convention, or a bug not to honor it? Might be either, fixing it for you may be breaking it for somebody else, so the answer is not to use # in a filename. You should probably thump people who do upside the head and change the name yourself.

Just my opinion, of course, but I think BitComet SHOULD break or balk when it sees this.

20100801mpcstar.exe error... I ended up uninstalling the program and not use it at all. Cant even play my movies without error. UNless I can find the previous version of 4.6 which worked perfectly until I updated to 4.6 these problems happened.

I also facing the same problem with this 20100801mpcstar.exe error! I've retryed multiples of uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same error coming out.

@ Donde: Seems like this happens to certain formats of files, the problem has been ...

P.S. Thank you guys for supporting MPCStar! :lol:

Thank You!

A file let out on the network should never have a # in the filename. It's a special character for some operating systems, and indicates, for them, something like % does in MS-DOS batch commands -- something virtual, a file or system logical. It has had a special meaning from the very earliest days of digital communication, Pretty much all telephones still have # and * keys in order to enter this as a special character.

We need to keep stuff like that out of filenames that might be spread to other OS's, in the first place.

So is it a bug to honor the # convention, or a bug not to honor it? Might be either, fixing it for you may be breaking it for somebody else, so the answer is not to use # in a filename. You should probably thump people who do upside the head and change the name yourself.

Yeah, I see where ur coming from man. But to some of, they have made it a habit to name many of their videos with "#" next to the the according "number" the video is in the series.

Just throwing that in there.

Edited by greywizard
Removed full quotations (see edit history)

@ Emmortel: Yes this feature has been removed, but now you can turn up the volume to 300% by scrolling your mouse or press Ctrl+Up.

If you go to Tool -> Options -> Hotkeys, you will find all the hotkeys for commands, and you can change them according to your own preferences.

Thank you for your response. I apologize that it took so long, but I've been busy elsewhere. I had noticed the Hotkeys (not the Global Hotkeys actually, so thanks again for pointing that out), but I was referring to the switches that you would launch from either the shortcut or a batch file. I use batch files to make portable shortcuts, for example. So the syntax in the rawest form would say something like:

cd "%programfiles%\mpcstar"

start mpcstar.exe

And the switch, of course, would go after mpcstar.exe for something such as maximize. Or in the shortcut itself:

"C:\Program Files\MpcStar\mpcstar.exe"

And again, the switch would go after the mpcstar.exe in the shortcut. Mainly, I'm wanting the player to automatically maximize whenever I start it to watch a video. Can MPC Star do that, or do I have to maximize it every time?

Again, thank you guys and girls for such an excellent player.

PS: Yes, the above batch file does work to make portable shortcuts. Note you don't target a drive, but you do target the rest of the path. Also note that the above is just an example and will target "C:\Program Files\MPCStar". ;-)

Hi Emmortel, MPCStar does not automatically maximise it when you open it everytime, you will need to press Alt+Enter to do so.

Would there be any chance of possibly seeing a feature such as this in a later release?