To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[NEW] MPCStar 4.7 has been released

Lucy26

Dear all,

MPCStar 4.7 has been released, you can now download it HERE.

Changelog

MPCSTAR v4.7 (2010.08.25)

[PLAYER] sort files in the play list in numerical order

[PLAYER] parse corresponding part.met file when playing .part file (eMule downloading file), to get real file name for displaying

[PLAYER] add two new options about play list in Tools menu: save when exiting, add similar files

[PLAYER] switch UI language from Tools menu. users can help translating in www.bbcomet.com

[PLAYER] fix the problem of cannot play files whose name contains # sign

[PLAYER] fix default video renderer in XP

[PLAYER] fix association problem for m2t

[PLAYER] CometPlayer updated

[codeC] fix bugs in RealMedia codec

Please feel free to try this version, and leave your feedback, suggestions, and bug reports here.

All previous versions of MPCStar can be found here.

Regards,

The BitComet Team

This version crashes yet again. I installed it and attempted to play a DVD, and it crashed in the same manner as 4.6. So I have uninstalled it and rolled back to 4.5. Seriously, can somebody figure out why MPCStar keeps crashing when attempting to play a DVD that has played successfully on earlier versions? This is starting to get irritating.

When posting a bug report about a video player you'll have to provide info on at least your OS, CPU and video adapter.

Then try to give as much details about the conditions when the error happens and the exact message you see.

Also try to isolate the error as much as possible (i.e. if it happens with any type of video container - AVI, MP4, MKV, MPG etc. - or only with a particular one, if it happens only with a specific type of video codec - i.e. DivX, XviD, x264, etc. - and audio codec - i.e. MP3, AC3, AAC, etc.- or with all of them, if it happens with every video file using a certain container and codec - i.e. an AVI file using XviD codec and MP3 audio - or only with certain particular files).

While this doesn't guarantee a swift fix for the issue, it will give the development team a more or less solid starting point for trapping the error or finding the culprit.

You have to be aware that the dev team won't ever release a version having bugs they know about. But then again they can't possibly test the program on every hardware/software configuration out there. So, there is no easy telling what your hardware and software configuration is, if you don't let them know.

This version crashes yet again. I installed it and attempted to play a DVD, and it crashed in the same manner as 4.6. So I have uninstalled it and rolled back to 4.5.

I have the exact same problem......MP3 run fine on the new player included in 4.6

Exact same issues my end. Comet player working fine with mp3.

My issue in detail here

Edited by Teknokrusty (see edit history)

couldnt open any video file AT ALL.

What do you mean by couldn't open? Did MPCStar crash? or any message popped up to tell you that opening a file is failed? Can you please explain more? Thanks.

I'm sorry for what happened to you guys, please make sure when MPCStar crashes, you have sent the error report to us, so we can examine the problem based on your reports. Or you can send the crash.zip under the directory of your MPCStar to my email: lu.liu@bitcomet.com Thanks.