To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet shows 100% download, but file is .bc!

avdanilov

Hi All,

Use BitComet 1.22,

Connection LAN -> router ASUS WL-50gP V2,

Windows XP SP2, Windows Firewall, Antivirus ESET NOD32 4.0

Question is above in subj., BitComet shows that download is completed, but the file is still *.bc!. It occurs not with all files, I cannot see any system, but, say every 3rd file.

I could not find the topic in the forum nor in FAQ, therefore posting the question here.

Many thanks, would appreciate advise or a link to a relevant topic.

BR,

Andrey

Run a manual hash check on the torrent. This will usually either finalize the download and change the name, or find some corrupt pieces, get rid of them and redownload them.

There's an option to do a hash check when a download completes, which I have enabled and I never have this issue arise. You may want to try that.

Hi kluelos,

Thanks a lot. First part is clear, started to use it, however, second part not clear very much:

"There's an option to do a hash check when a download completes, which I have enabled and I never have this issue arise. You may want to try that."

Absolutely want to try it, please explain, how to enable it? I could not find how.

Many thanks again!

under Options -> Advanced, there's a setting, "bittorrent.hash_check_on_finished". If you set that value to "True", then when the task finishes it will perform a final hash check automatically for you. That assures that the whole torrent is OK and nothing slipped past.