To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Not downloading with 322 kb/sec

marota

Hallo Forum,

recently i got this problem: A download is not going on, stuck with 90,2%, but has seeders(3), peers (3) and is showing the download speed between 195 and 281 kb/sec. DHT connected (green), WAN green.

Only after i stop all uploads, the download is going well again. Is this normal behavior?

Many thanks, Marota

I don't clearly understand your question. 195-281 KB/s is a really good clip -- actually faster than my own connection supports at top speed. This is hardly "not going on". But you say that stopping uploads gets "the download going well again". Can you clarify the difference between the two states?

Also, please provide the information you were asked to provide prior to posting.

Well, the program says 281 and so on, but don´t download at all. Even as i stopped the uploads, i got 4& more real download, the speed went up to 428, but in real nothing more happens. I stop the download and start again, i exit the program and start again, always the same thing: download no, upload yes. Strange. Never before i saw something like this.

Marota

I download 1(one) file, and that is no more downloading, even the download-rate window shows the speed i mentioned already. I have several uploads running, with a sum speed of 100 Kb/sec. As i stopped them, the download was going on, but only for a few seconds.

Strange things real happens, i work with azureus and other programs since years without such a problem.

Marota

Ok, more details: The trackers- window shows now: Tracker returned 5 peers (URL.., logging in addresses...); More 2 peers; more 2 peers; and three times 1 peer. The peers- window shows connecting to 3 and 4, but the buttons in front remains gray. The statistic- window says: Overall download rate 1 Kb/sec (but don´t download at all); total downloads 8,63 GB; total upload 12,52 GB. Anything else?

Thanks so fare, Marota

Have you ever tested your actual bandwidth? Head to speedtest.net and come back with the results.

Are there any seeds for that particular torrent you are downloading? It might be dead.

One important thing you should know about bittorrent is that your speeds are not guaranteed and cannot be predicted. It's a P2P protocol and you get the pieces of the files you want from other peers like yourself.

What you can do is make sure everything is running as best as it can on your end.

Opening a listen port.

Limiting BitComet's overall upload speed to 75-80% of your total tested upload speed.

Making sure you don't run too many tasks at the same time, and that the ones you run have enough upload speed to for you to be a desirable peer for others to stay connected.

You'll actually finnish multiple tasks faster if you run only one at a time.

Vasy, regarding to your request of more technical information: i use the last BitComet version, Windows XP pro, service pack 3, ferquently updated, a ADSL flat-rate Internet connection, a router speedtouch, Windows firewall forewarded, Avira Antivirus. The speed test shows: download 14.01 Mb/s, upload 095 Mb/s, ping 0.95 Mb/s.

The only one download remains with 94,8%, with announced 19 peers; i´m uploading.

Well, well, well, Marota

Sorry, not exactly the same. Like a wise rickshaw- wallah says once to me in India: "same, same, but different". The download rate- window shows now 28 Kb/s; the upload- window nothing; the Progress- window nothing; connected 2 seeds, 2 peers.

So, now i was fed-up and opened the same torrent in Azureus. Immediately it download with two of seven seeds, the download speed is between 110 and 260 Kb/s. The file-size is 2.01 GB, i gonna download until the end and report, how long it took. Estimated time 3 h and 50 min.

Is then a reason to report a bug in BitTorrent ?

Marota