To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[NEW] MPCStar 4.9 has been released

Lucy26

Dear all,

MPCStar 4.9 has been released, you can now download it HERE.

Changelog:

MPCSTAR v4.9 (2010.09.14)

[PLAYER] add "Apply" button to Option dialog

[PLAYER] improve UI text

[PLAYER] program usually crashes in Vista

[codeC] improve stability of RealMedia codec

Please feel free to try this version, and leave your feedback, suggestions, and bug reports here.

All previous versions of MPCStar can be found here.

Regards,

The BitComet Team

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure this bug has been reported but I didn't look, sorry.

When playing a movie and putting the 4.9 player in "full screen" it goes but when the status bar below disappears a gray bar stays and doesn't go away.

I've uninstalled the product but will install again and hopefully that will do something.

Also, subtitles encoded in .srt format don't seem to load.

If I might suggest something, if there's a way to make the default language English then English should be defaulted to when watching any movies with multiple languages or, better yet, make it to where if it happens to be an Anime series or multiple movies that are viewed the audio and subtitle setting stays the same as a default setting for that session. This would be an awesome update!

There's my 2+ cents. Thanks for a product worthy of being irritated over.

Hi VagueRant, my status bar did not appear when it's in full screen mode. What is your operating system? Did this happen to every single file?

The team is now testing the subtitle issue. Can you please attach your .srt file with your reply? It will be helpful. Thanks.

if there's a way to make the default language English
The team has considered your suggestion and is planning to develop a feature according to your suggestion. Thank you for your support. :)

I like the name. "VagueRant". Heh!

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Windows status bar.

I can't duplicate the problem either, so system specifics would be of value. However, artifacts like this are normally a problem with the graphics card or its driver. You may want to look for updates or even downdates to it.

i upgraded my player to the new 4.9 and the videos that had played before now no longer will play. so then i tried to go back to an older version and the same thing happens. so then i tried to completely uninstall mpcstar and it shows that it's not on my computer. but it is. it's still there but won't play anything and it doesn't show up on my program list. i need help bad.

Hello!

I have run into problems trying to load traditional Chinese subtitles with this version of MPCstar in a mkv movie. The error message is simply: "subtitle load failed" This is the info of the video:

Video

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)

Language: English

Resolution: 1920x1080

Frame rate: 25

Audio

Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)

Language: English

Channels: 3F2R/LFE

Sample rate: 48000 Hz

Bitrate: 640 kb/s

I tried to upload the the subs to this post, but i get this: "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Hope this helps your bug-hunt

This was an announcement. Apparently though, everyone's taking it as an invitation to pile up bug reports or requests for help. All of those belong in separate topics, and there's no telling who's talking to whom about what, so I'm closing this thread.