To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

status: stopped not enought quota is available to process this

CalCobra

I just D/L'd BitComet 1.23 and yesterday D/L'd a short video. This morning the video disappeared from my drive share and now when I try to D/L anything, it looks like it'll start (you can see a D/L and U/L rate, etc), but after about 60 seconds the d/l stops, and the status reports:

status: stopped not enough quota is available to process this

I'm using a 1TB network drive with about 700GB of free space, and there's no quota limitations on it. I've searched all over the web and can't really find anything applicable to this :(

Any ideas what's happening here?

TIA!

Cal

Untill an Admin or Tech support member can get to you, I would like to take an educated guess as to what might be the problem.

Now I've never used the quota feature of windows so I do not know much about that. But I am unsure that the error message you are getting is within BitComet? or is it a windows pop-up error?

If it is windows related, then the problem must lie somewhere in the windows settings of the machine you are downloading to, and posting this problem in a windows troubleshooting forum might be your best bet.

If the problem is within BitComet though, I would like to suggest you check your options.

In BitComet Go to: Tools > Options > Task > BitTorrent

and make sure that the Auto Stop Task option is not checked.

Hope this helps, if not please be patient and someone more knowledgeable will help you soon!

Well, there is no quota system in BitComet, so this is something external giving you that message.

Without being able to sit down at your system and investigate it I simply guess that someone has assigned quotas for disk space, and that you've reached the maximum for yours. You say there's no quota established on your network drive, but apparently there is. Violation of it would account for the disappearance of your download.

The quota may be established on your system, or in the network drive firmware itself, or both. In any case, BitComet is running afoul of the system rules, and there's not much that we can help you with there. You might want to investigate the quota situation further. It may be that quotas are established by default in the drive firmware, or that they were established by someone else -- possibly even someone who had no clear idea what they were doing or no clear choice.

Imagine drive firmware that defaults to assigned quotas for each user. While you probably CAN get around this, it's not at all obvious how so you just go with the flow and all of the users end up with quotas nobody wanted in the first place. This is all too typical of poor software design.

hey this is strange_-------> bit comet will start when I click on the desktop shortcut and then it will minimize to the system tray then the icon will disappear I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the latest version and it still does the same thing ... can ya help me with this one

system info

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name CUZZYWOW

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.

System Model C51/MCP51

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2404 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.10, 12/13/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name SCUZZYWOW\protools

Time Zone Atlantic Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 335.79 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 2.46 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Jumping into the middle of someone else's thread completely confuses matters.

What's being talked about? Who's being answered? Who is any particular answer being directed to?

Please start your own topic, don't jump into the middle of someone else's with something completely irrelevant. It's confusing and it's also rude as h***.

This thread is closed.