To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't find network infrastructure

I'm a bit confused. About which "network infrastructure" are you speaking?

And which guides did you follow?

On which website?

There is a link on top of the page, called "Read This before posting". Read that page and try describing your issue again giving detailed info about what steps you have followed and from which guides.

... On Windows 7 look into the Start –> Control Panel –> Network and Internet –> Network Computers and Devices window, under the Network Infrastructure section, for the icon of your router; if you can see it then UPnP communication between your PC and your router is successfully enabled. ...

Can you find the window at all? How about the Network and Internet icon in your control panel, is that present?

I don't have a Win 7 machine at hand right now so I'm using my memory.

Do you see at all the icon of your router in the windows kluelos speaks about?

It's possible that if UPnP isn't working between your router and your PC there won't be any devices to display and thus the section doesn't appear (as I said I don't remember exactly if the section is visible or not even with no devices to display).

If you manage to see the window kluelos speaks about (the window where your network neighbors PCs appear) but you don't see your router listed in there, it means that something doesn't work as it should.

Is UPnP activated on your router?

Can you find the window at all? How about the Network and Internet icon in your control panel, is that present?

I just see the computers when I go to Network.

I don't have a Win 7 machine at hand right now so I'm using my memory.

Do you see at all the icon of your router in the windows kluelos speaks about?

It's possible that if UPnP isn't working between your router and your PC there won't be any devices to display and thus the section doesn't appear (as I said I don't remember exactly if the section is visible or not even with no devices to display).

If you manage to see the window kluelos speaks about (the window where your network neighbors PCs appear) but you don't see your router listed in there, it means that something doesn't work as it should.

Is UPnP activated on your router?

I heard 2WIRE routers do not have UPnP. Opening my listening port worked in the past, I just reinstalled Windows 7 and now I can't do it :( Its not impossible if I've done this before.

Edited by lynnnguyen (see edit history)

You will need to study your router's manual carefully. You can find supplemental detailed instructions at portforward.com to assist you in configuring your router by hand (which is more reliable than UPnP anyway), but these are supplements and not replacements for understanding the manual.