To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My listen port is green but there is no number besides it... and why when i stop all task it still upload?

Hi, the uploading is easy to explain. Recent bitcomet versions include a feature called LongTermSeeding. During download process, you can connect to other bitcomet peers and receive data from them using this protocol, then when your task is stopped, AND you have available unused upload bandwidth, the stopped tasks will continue to upload to other peers.

This feature is completely optional and your welcome to disable it, but most users find it greatly increases their download speed.You also have the ability to limit the bandwidth it uses, although it shouldn't use any if other tasks require it.

As for your green light. I suggest you provide the info requested in the "READ THIS before posting" topic. You can find links to it all through our forum, and in my signature.

Also please provide a screenshot of your bitcomet. We have a guide for making and posting screenshots if you need it, its in the guides and tutorials section.

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

v. 1.25

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

1M adsl

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

Modem and router combo, Innacomm W3400V Wireless Modem. Yes.

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.

none.

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Windows firewall. Microsoft Security Essentials.

6) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.).

none.

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.

none.

post-59738-12934420252087.png

Hi,

Can you tell me if this is a new problem that started with install of most recent version? or did the problem exist prior to installing 1.25.

Also, as a test can you please restart windows in "safe mode" and run bitcomet. This will disable all windows schemes and custom settings and if your wan IP address appears then, that will give us an idea of where to look for the problem.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Can you tell me if this is a new problem that started with install of most recent version? or did the problem exist prior to installing 1.25.

I'm not sure. This my first time fixing my listen port. The problem is still there even though I connect to other internet access.

Also, as a test can you please restart windows in "safe mode" and run bitcomet. This will disable all windows schemes and custom settings and if your wan IP address appears then, that will give us an idea of where to look for the problem.

post-59738-12935261397302.png

Ok, lets try a previous version of bitcomet and see if the issue persists. Its not necessary to install the previous version/s if you don't want to, you can get the .zip version/s from our archives, then simply extract the file and run bitcomet. Make sure you fully close your existing version before trying this.

whether or not this identifies the problem, I'm going to want the rest of our staff to look into this and we may end up referring this to development, because I've never seen this issue before, but perhaps one of the other team members has.

Click the link "Download all versions of BitComet here" in my signature, then select one or more of the previous versions to test. Your welcome to install them if you like, but the .zip versions will save you time being this is only a test.

Try uninstalling, then delete the install folder. By default this will be located at...

c:\program files\bitcomet

for 64 bit windows version it will be...

c:\program files(x86)\bitcomet

Then reinstall the latest version.

This will delete all your settings and configurations, so make a copy of any that you want to restore after reinstalling. This will hopefully fix both problems with missing numbers