To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bitcomet is detecting port wrong

blackps

Actually, scratch my previous post. I totally forgot that v.1.26 introduced an entirely new feature (which has been since long requested), namely: "GUI Improved: green light appears after incoming connection established from a remote peer".

That is to say that if you have at least one running torrent (downloading or seeding), as soon as you get a "Remote" peer even if your port status was previously "undetected" or "blocked" it will change to "Open".

So, did you have any running torrent?

Actually, scratch my previous post. I totally forgot that v.1.26 introduced an entirely new feature (which has been since long requested), namely: "GUI Improved: green light appears after incoming connection established from a remote peer".

That is to say that if you have at least one running torrent (downloading or seeding), as soon as you get a "Remote" peer even if your port status was previously "undetected" or "blocked" it will change to "Open".

So, did you have any running torrent?

Yes

Well, that could account for your green light.

If you want to test it properly start your client with all torrents stopped and see if you still get a green one.

On a side note, the tool-tip balloon message doesn't seem to be consistent with the green light status of the port, so that definitely looks like a little bug (albeit a harmless one) that will need to be addressed.

Lucy, when you come back please forward this.

• 2 weeks later...