To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

vlc problem

srmfish

Hi iam new to this however when i download a torrent from anywhere instead of it going into bittorrent its starts vlc automatically and i get the same cannot read message , i have tried this with other movies and other torrent sites and its the same , Is there a way for me to watch the torrents i download .

I used to be able to download torrents before and watch the movie when i arrived home from work so this vlc popping up has not happend in the past and also if i delete vlc will any other player be able to convert the movies i already have .

You don't really make much sense. You should try to re-write this and elaborate the steps which lead you to the error so that we can all understand what you mean. Along with that provide info about what client version you use, the OS and the browser you use.

I'm assuming (from the little I can understand) that the browser association for .torrent files may have got screwed somehow on your system, but that's only a wild guess.

A .torrent is not a movie. It's like a set of instructions on how to download a movie, and those instructions are of use only to a bittorrent client such as BitComet.

If your system tries to open a .torrent in a video player, it will not work. You must open the .torrent file with BitComet, download the movie, and only THEN try to watch the downloaded movie with .vlc.

If your system is automatically trying to open .torrent files with a movie player, then your filetype associations have been changed incorrectly somehow.

You may be able to fix this by simply reinstalling BitComet.

• 4 months later...

hey gays i think if you was downloading a movie as torrent with bittorrent and you want to read it an the same time or after the downloading....you can do that with the MPC player is the best and if you can't read your movie with it you can't do that with anather player...... :lol: B) ;) ;)

Edited by cassie
reduced font size, for easier reading (see edit history)