To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Does comet have a security system or filter system to protect children against pedophiles?

djcemck

There was a very explicit sexual remark made about a kids movie (Diary of a wimpy kid) which worries me a lot as a parent.

Again this is on public domain.

Does comet have a security system or filter system to protect children against pedophiles?

File 6529C67C37292D7D8473780BB69CE76A6CDCCE66 Comments

Rating: 12345Saving, please wait... (4.2 stars, 10 votes) Good(8#) DJ 0 seconds ago Great movie - my kids love it.

Please can the comments 5# & 6# be removed!

Kids can see this.

Disgusting.

I agree with comment #7

DJ

Hi,

Our forum staff are volunteers that are here to help members of the community in using the software. We don't have access to moderate comments left on torrents, nor is there any funding available to hire moderators to perform this function, simply because it's a free product.

I do agree that any sexually explicit comment should be removed, and if it related to pedophiles, the user should have their comet ID account deleted, but the question is who is going to do this with upto a million active torrents on the internet and 2.5million bitcomet users each day. I volunteer my time to help members of the community, as do the rest of our staff because we have technical experience and are doing our part to help the file sharing community, but I personally would not want to spend hours each day moderating torrent comment. I realize they are abused by spammers (and worse), but the only option I can think of to stop it is to delete the entire function.

I will however pass this on to the development team.

The only thing I can recommend in the meantime is to avoid reading comments unless you have a specific reason, like to determine if a download is authentic and the quality is good, and if you do use them, simply accept the fact that your going to have to ignore the people who abuse the system. I myself haven't looked at a torrent comment in years.