To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Is there any way on how to fully download movies from Megavideo

Well I know for sure that Megavideo only allows its Free users to view 72 minutes of video at a time.

And my download usually stops at a certain 256mb (which is 73 minutes 10 sec.). But I somehow was able to download 449MB once (I dunno how though, got lucky? XD), out of 575.33MB I need to download.

So it now makes me wonder,

is it possible for a Free user to download a full movie worth 575.33 MB with no cuts?

if no, then can someone tell me where the CometBird's temporary internet file folder where the FLV is saved?

Edited by vvtgreyrabs (see edit history)

I'm sorry but teaching you how to hack a website is outside the range of supporting cometbird, not to mention illegal, so we can't help you with that.

If they do let you resume the video at a later date, you should be able to save a new stream, therefore having the complete video in two or more parts. You could then watch them in sequence, or do some video editing if you want them joined.

However, I think your going through a lot of trouble to get low quality (flv) video when there are better sources of most video available with out such restrictions.

as for saving the .flv, its saved in an encrypted file type, but bitcomet can detect the streams file and let you download it on most flash players by simply renaming the file to .flv.

I hope this helps, but please understand if this topic continues to discuss violating the websites legal restrictions, then the topic will be closed or deleted.

I'm sorry but teaching you how to hack a website is outside the range of supporting cometbird, not to mention illegal, so we can't help you with that.

If they do let you resume the video at a later date, you should be able to save a new stream, therefore having the complete video in two or more parts. You could then watch them in sequence, or do some video editing if you want them joined.

However, I think your going through a lot of trouble to get low quality (flv) video when there are better sources of most video available with out such restrictions.

as for saving the .flv, its saved in an encrypted file type, but bitcomet can detect the streams file and let you download it on most flash players by simply renaming the file to .flv.

I hope this helps, but please understand if this topic continues to discuss violating the websites legal restrictions, then the topic will be closed or deleted.

I see, then I won't do that.

Well I've opted to saving it into two or more parts and yes I can resume (megavideo allows) viewing the second/third part at a later date.

Although I'm having problems with playing the second part after saving it.

I've also tried other sites and other short clips saving them partially but they seem to get an "error" or a video that doesn't move at all.

Edited by vvtgreyrabs (see edit history)

That is the problem with interrupting playback of streaming video. Most players require a full and complete file to play. the ones that do allow you to play incomplete files need to have the first and last parts of the video complete. It's usually possible to play a video that the last parts are missing, but the player will usually abruptly end when it runs out of video and usually won't begin the playing until it buffers enough to know how much is actually present.

If you insist on getting your video this way, my guess is your going to have to learn how to do video encoding and re-edit the video segments back together. This may involve resyncing the audio too, so you'll have some learning to do, as well as some software to install.

I'd still recommend finding better sources for your video, unless you enjoy learning and working with video editing/encoding.