To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet & Zonealarm Extreme Security.

BitComet doesn't detect my antivirus when i check the auto detect button. I have no idea what settings I'm supposed to put in the Anti Virus Program Path, or execute Parameter.

Windows 7 64bit

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security ver 9.3

post-64977-13049676496873.jpg

I don't think that BC is capable of detecting every antivirus executable out there.

The parameters you have to use are those your antivirus uses for command line scanning. Many AV have even a different executable for quick execution from command line.

Others allow calling the main executable from CLI with specific parameters in order to do specific actions.

What is the exact syntax for your AV/version you can only find from your AV's documentation or support sites/forums.

A scan of this type -- using the CLI -- is incredibly intrusive. Whenever a download finishes, this will pop up a DOS window in the middle of whatever you're doing, which will remain until the scan finishes.

I have never had it detect anything that the realtime "on access" scanner did not detect as well. I would much rather have the latter, as it doesn't interrupt me.

It may take you a bit of effort to figure out how to get this working. You may want to make sure you really want it.