To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

TCP listen port blocked, UDP is open How do I unblock this port?

Hello, list first: BitComet 1.28 - ATT DSL - 1 modem Westell Proline - 1 wireless router Trendnet / TEW-631BRP - Windows XP Professional - AVG anti-virus. I read through the guide. UPnP did get rid of the yellow light on the bottom of BitComet GUI so I turned off the UPnP function and did manual port forwarding. Also, the UDP & TCP listen port are the same port 51949. I have checked the router UPnP is still on. windows firewall have BitComet allowences. Windows also seems to be set right. I do have my up & down speeds set correctly. I went from both TCP AND UDP blocked to UPD open and TCP still blocked. I am not sure what to look at now. Anyone have any thoughts on what to try next?

Overall Tasks: Total: 25 / Running: 2

TCP Connections: Established: 6 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 9 [MAX:10]

LAN IP: 192.168.10.200

WAN IP:

Listen Port of TCP: 51949 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 51949 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP opened, UDP opened]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Disabled

Overall Download Rate: 102 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 3 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 1

Memory Usage: Working Set: 30.84 MB, Commit Size: 26.25 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 391.52 MB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 2.37 GB, Virtual: 1.87 GB

Disk Cache Size: 13 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 924 (freq: 0.4/s), Actual Disk Read: 73 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 92.0%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 9862 (freq: 5.5/s), Actual Disk Write: 615 (freq: 0.3/s), Hit Ratio: 93.7%

This sounds like your manual portforwarding setting is incorrect. On some router you can make a single rule for both tcp and udp, but some require a separate rule for each. Check your rule to make sure the protocol selected is both udp an tcp, or if necessary, make one rule for each.

Thank you very much for you insight. I went directly into my modem and turns out it's a strange single connection modem/router type from ATT. So I configured my router to handle the PPPoe negotiations instead and that bypassed the "router" portion of my modem. My modem didn't have a port forwarding option, so this goes around it. I would never have figured this out until you mentioned it.

To others with same problem, check your modem to make sure it's not a modem/router combo.

All green now!

Thank You Guardian Eagle!