To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Vip Accelerate like Non Vip Accelerate

tr3_25tl

Hi,

The first thing I'd like to do is make sure your settings are optimized so you can get the best speed even without vip, then we can know what to expect with vip enabled.

Please read the link in my signature "READ THIS before posting" and provide the requested information. Make sure to do the speed test with all internet activity stopped on all computers so we can get an accurate sample of your connection speed.

the vip ready after almost 24hrs.. and my download left 6% to finished.. if this always happen the Vip user will loss without using it!! and the vip acellerate speed up for 29kbps lol....

here is my statistic:-

Up Time: 23:18:47

Overall Tasks: Total: 2 / Running: 1

TCP Connections: Established: 22 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 8 [MAX:10]

LAN IP: 192.168.2.105

WAN IP: 119.160.129.59

Listen Port of TCP: 10740 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 10740 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP opened, UDP opened, TCP(ED2K) added, UDP(ED2K) added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Added

Overall Download Rate: 26 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 9 kB/s [MAX:10] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:3] All BT Upload Slots: 4

Memory Usage: Working Set: 54.92 MB, Commit Size: 82.91 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 1.07 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 3.01 GB, Virtual: 1.77 GB

Disk Cache Size: 42 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 32399 (freq: 0.4/s), Actual Disk Read: 17541 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 45.8%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 194635 (freq: 1.4/s), Actual Disk Write: 5984 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 96.9%

Total Downloaded: 3.73 GB (this session: 3.30 GB)

Total Uploaded: 676.73 MB (this session: 558.24 MB)

If I understand you correctly, your getting slow speeds with and without vip, so I'm trying to help you, however you ignored my advice.

I could tell you exactly what information we need, but to save time we have listed this where people can read it before they post, so I'll ask you again to please read the topic I told you to read and reply with the information it requests (not some random stats from your client).

In case you didn't notice the first time, I'll repeat.

Please read the link in my signature "READ THIS before posting" and provide the requested information. Make sure to do the speed test with all internet activity stopped on all computers so we can get an accurate sample of your connection speed.

If you want to get your non-vip tasks (and potentially your vip also) downloading faster, then your in the right place but need to follow instructions. If your intentions are just to complain, or to ask that an adjustment be made to your account, then you can do that by contacting administrator "zerojinn", but it's obvious to me that you have a problem with speed and attempting to throw some vip at the problem didn't fix it, so I'm trying to offer you a free solution.

There is a "Myself" option under "Peers".

post-62477-13098453444812.jpg

The speed from myself is actually what VIP acceleration brings to you.

We recommend you check this first.

And it seems like you ignore what TUUS has reminded you, please provide us your BitComet version.

and also did you enable the anonymous download?

We can't help you further without more details.

im using Bitcomet v1.28...and not enabling anonymous!

ok.. now im downloading Mac osx 10.6.3 retail iso without enable vip accelerate!!

post-69990-13099068001141.png

1) What version of BitComet are you using? v1.28

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? ADSL 5mbps unlimited data plan

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? "SMC" Model Barricade G SMCWBR14-G. Port Forward(yes)

4) only one router "SMC" Model Barricade G SMCWBR14-G

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? XP,Avast

6) file name? Mac osx 10.6.3 Retail.iso

At the moment of your screenshot, your getting 120kB/s from VIP, 9kB/s from emule, and 115 from bittorrent peers. There may also be some LTseed peers, but if so, they are off the screen. You can enlarge that window by moving the divider up, so you can show more peers, or you can just scroll the window if you want to look but not put it in a screenshot.

These numbers will constantly change during the process, but I can see that VIP is working.

Now since this is a speed related issue, can you please address this part of the post I referred you to...

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.

Besides seeing a speedtest, we at very least need to know what your global max upload setting is, and I know you told us you have a 5mbit adsl, but adsl service usually has a much slower upload speed, this information is essential to help you.

I suspect you have a very common problem, your maxing out your connections upload speed so when super-fast peer "a" asks you to trade, it takes you a long time to respond, so when you finally do, he's already lost interest and connected to superfast peer "b", then slowpoke peer "c" comes by and he doesn't mind your slow response and you exchange agreements then wait, and wait, and wait, and get almost nothing from him. Meanwhile fast peers check you out and ignore you. When we get your settings right, you'll attract the best peers you can support and should see much faster downloads even without vip.

Emule also complicates things, as it has to compete for your very limited upload speed. It can be a good resource, and can even complete a torrent that isn't seeded, but I wouldn't enable it on a torrent that has sufficient resources already (my preference, others may), but at very least we need to put limits on emule too.

ps. VIP source is the only one where your upload speed doesn't matter, our vip servers upload for you, then send you everything the superfast peers send them, however the sum of all the sources cannot exceed your connection speed. I've found that most 5mbit adsl services usually give you about 4mbit that you can actually count on, but some are better then others, but I'll do some math using 4mb/s (not 4mB/s, which is a different unit of measurement)

4mbit per second converts to 0.5mByte per second, or 500kB/s. This will probably be the fastest you can download for any prolonged period, but you may see peeks upto 625kB/s which represents 100% of your 5mb/s speed.