To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Audio problems

falco1482002

First time I've ever posted here but I'm hopin someone can help me perhaps. Usually I have no problem

downloading movie and TV titles via BitComet. But I've found over the past while several of my down-

loads have had no sound. The picture has been fine but unfortunately no audio. I'm pretty sure some-

thing is happening during the actual downloading or the problem is something to do with my computer

itself. Alas I'm not particularly tech-savvy so any comments would be appreciated.

- falco.

It's not a problem with the download. A corrupt file wouldn't play at all. The problem is most likely related to your audio decoders installed on your system. I'd like to help you further, but the problem is for starters, I don't even know what windows version your using. If you read the "READ THIS before posting" then I'd know at least that much.

Also, this belongs in non-bitcomet related section, so expect it to be moved at some point.

In order to help you we'd also need to know what your playing the file/s with and what kind of files they are.

If you want a guess at what may work for you, then try installing MPCstar player, or install a codec pack such as K-Lite codec pack, or CCCP Codec pack. Either of these will probably install what you need.

Your still not offering very much info. You really need to learn to provide info before it's asked, it would get you help much faster no matter where you are seeking it.

In order to help you we'd also need to know what your playing the file/s with and what kind of files they are.

There are many kinds of mpeg4 files, so you haven't told me much at all about what type of files won't play, and I still have no idea what your trying to play them with.

Also, winXP is 10years old so it doesn't have support for newer video types which is why you should update your codecs, or use a player that doesn't require external codecs, like mpcstar or VLC player. Either should play your videos.