To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP question

Memmerik01045

I have been attempting to find a way to try out the free VIP trial, but up untill this very moment I was/am unsuccesfull. I have seen the 40k points mark and I am far over it (over 1 mil points currently). But still I can not start the trial. Out of sheer interest I bought a 10g plan to test out instead, but I find myself stuck at a screen for a long time unable to activate the VIP acceleration. (screenshot below)

Was there anything I've got wrong with my account to test the free trial? Are my cometID points of over 1mil different then the 40k points required for the trial?

Please let me know as I am eager to find out!

Yours,

Michael Emmerik

Edit: Screenshot of the download and the screen i am stuck at and my points are shown in the left down corner to see that I have enough points.

vipid.png

Edited by Memmerik01045 (see edit history)

Hi,

We have been having problems with tasks being stuck in the preparing mode. Our development team is working on the problem. Other reasons this could happen is if there aren't sufficient resources available to begin the download.

If it's unable to prepare after 24hrs, you can disable vip on that task.

Regarding your score, you currently have 5242 points, so it would have been some time before you qualified for the free trial.

Hi,

We have been having problems with tasks being stuck in the preparing mode. Our development team is working on the problem. Other reasons this could happen is if there aren't sufficient resources available to begin the download.

If it's unable to prepare after 24hrs, you can disable vip on that task.

Regarding your score, you currently have 5242 points, so it would have been some time before you qualified for the free trial.

Regarding the score.. I feel a bit ashamed.. I was looking at the wrong thing!

Thank you for your reply!

Don't feel ashamed. The "ranking" you were looking at actually goes down, not up, and really serves no purpose... or not one "yet" at least.

Also, if the problem with your task preparing doesn't resolve itself and you're unable to use your full account because of it, let us know and we'll see if we can do something about it.

Also, if you are able to open your listening port, you will get better performance on your torrents and may not need vip. If you want help with that, read the topic in my signature and provide all the required info and we'll try to help.